Wanted - Garmin GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Garmin Edge 200 has currently got a cash back offer from Garmin meaning you can get it for around £75 after cash back :thumbsup:

Granted it doesn't have map navigation, but IMO when you're riding you don't need it. It does show where you need to go and is easy to follow, and it alerts you if you go 'off course'

It's compact, clear and very easy to use. For a brand new GPS unit it can't be beaten for VFM IMO, but then again I have got one :whistle:

Just buy it from anywhere. Then you redeem the £30 from Garmin.

It's dead easy, all done online. You just send a copy of the receipt and a pic of your old computer.

I got an email back within 24 hours confirming my payment was being processed.

In fact it's as easy to do as the Edge 200 is to use :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
I. Know you have to upload routes into it but does it have arrows to show the route?

I know you have to upload routes into it but does it have arrows to show the route?
It has an arrow and shows the route like this.
Garmin-Edge-200-0.jpg

Then, if you go off course it beeps at you and the screen displays course alert, off course and shows the direction you need to go to back on course.

It sounds basic, and TBH it is basic, but it does exactly what you need it too, and you really don't need anymore info than this IMO :thumbsup:

jifdave

Cool. Last question...

Can you pm me your number so my mrs can shout at you?
It's clearly your fault that I just reserved one at halfords and I don't want to take all the blame ;-)

Gary E

Veteran
OK, here's what you do. Reserve an Edge 800 then tell her you thought about what she'd want you to do and so decided to make do with the 200.
That way you get your 200 and smarty points :thumbsup:

jifdave

Good plan in theory but I've promised to stop spending on the bike as I'm getting married in 7 months.

This will be broken promise number 3 lol

Gary E

Veteran
Even better, you get to kill 2 birds with one stone.

You get your bike computer and your fiancé gets a lesson in the importance of not having unrealistic expectations about her husband :smile: WIN WIN :smile:

Gary E

Veteran
Go for the 800 just to drive the point home, she's thank you in the end :laugh:

Do you think there could be a reason that I'm separated? no me either :blush:

jifdave

Ok what's your number she should ring you.
Then later I will ring you drunk, crying and alone.

Top Bottom