Wanted M540 Pedals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moss

Hi All,
I'm looking for some Shimano M540 Pedals. I need them for use throughout the Winter months.
Would anyone have a pair of M540 Pedals for sale?? Or maybe know where to find a New Pair at a bargain Price £? I found some at £27.00. but thought I'd ask on here before buying new.

Thanks

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Why 540s? I swear by the M520s and they can be bought for £15.50 with free delivery here at the moment and come with cleats that cost a tenner to buy on their own!
Just as good but half the price of the 540

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Why 540s? I swear by the M520s and they can be bought for £15.50 with free delivery here at the moment and come with cleats that cost a tenner to buy on their own!
Just as good but half the price of the 540
They (520s) are what I use on all 3 of my bikes. They work really well. My only criticism is that they didn't take long to start looking a bit scratched and tatty, but that isn't a big deal for me.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
........ My only criticism is that they didn't take long to start looking a bit scratched and tatty, but that isn't a big deal for me.

Mine too to some extent. I was wondering if I ordered the silver ones if they would look sharper for longer than the black ones, which tend to get a bit rubbed at the ends when leaned against walls or slid sideways down the road :eek:

However, I am not going to change them for aesthetic reasons.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mine too to some extent. I was wondering if I ordered the silver ones if they would look sharper for longer than the black ones, which tend to get a bit rubbed at the ends when leaned against walls or slid sideways down the road :eek:

However, I am not going to change them for aesthetic reasons.
Mine are the silver ones! I'm sure that scraped black pedals look even tattier than scraped silver ones though.

OP
OP
M

Moss

Thanks gentlemen; and now that we've established that the M540 are excellent pedals even with scrapes and scratches all over them. Has anyone got a pair for sale?

Skol, thanks for the link to the 520's but would like the M540's

Gez73

Veteran
I have a pair that you can have for the postage costs. One (right hand side) is badly scratched after a spill but in very decent working condition. They have the Black panel on the outside so the scratched one is a little sorry looking. Will dig them out if you want them.

Attachments

• Pedals (100x75).jpg
    Pedals (100x75).jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
M

Moss

I have a pair that you can have for the postage costs. One (right hand side) is badly scratched after a spill but in very decent working condition. They have the Black panel on the outside so the scratched one is a little sorry looking. Will dig them out if you want them.
Your a Gentleman Gez, I would like them; and how would you like to be paid the postage? In the post or P/Pal?

Grateful Thanks and appreciation.

Last edited:

Gez73

Veteran
No problem will get them to you later. I also have a pair of unbranded black ones in better condition if you'd prefer. Same pedal in black. Let me know what you fancy and I'll get them off today and advise you on postage after I've sent them. Gez

OP
OP
M

Moss

No problem will get them to you later. I also have a pair of unbranded black ones in better condition if you'd prefer. Same pedal in black. Let me know what you fancy and I'll get them off today and advise you on postage after I've sent them. Gez

I don't mind really; The M540 look good in any colour; although the bike I'm putting them on is Black. Many thanks Gez, let me know how much I owe you £?

Gez73

Veteran
I'll send the black, they look a little better and have come from a black steed of mine. I'll let you know the cost when I've sent them! A donation to an animal charity of your choosing will do me. Gerry

OP
OP
M

Moss

I'll send the black, they look a little better and have come from a black steed of mine. I'll let you know the cost when I've sent them! A donation to an animal charity of your choosing will do me. Gerry

I'm with you; many thanks! Regards Moss.

Top Bottom