Wasps what's the point?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Walking into the bedroom from the bathroom barefoot I managed to stand on one of the little bu**ers. After scaping myself off the ceiling, I immediately put some antihistime cream on it, my foot not the wasp, no relief. Next I tried vinegar with no discernable effect. Ibuprofen next, assumed that might take a while to kick in so used some hydrocortisone cream, still hurts like hell. Wasps what use are they? I'm probably going to have to completely replenish the medical cabinet now. Little g*ts.
;):cry::?:

U

User482

Hey, at least they don't crap on your lawn.

(My coat? Why, thank you.)

postman

Legendary Member
I got stung last week.
try Piriton tabs,without the lactose in it.Other wise you will have a load of wind.Should take about three days for itching and swelling to go down.I hate the little sods.

[completely OT]
Saw a hornet, buzzing around Ardingly Reservoir on Sunday. A rare treat and practically harmless (unless you stray near a nest).

Bad luck W04. A dash of vinegar might help. If you've got a bad reaction, or if the pain and swelling still persists after an hour or two, maybe you're hyper-sensitive - see a doctor.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Thanks for the ideas guys, forgot to say I also took an oral antihistamine. Overmedicated you say? The swelling and pain are fortunately very localised so I guess I'll just have to be a brave little soldier and suffer the pain till the ibuprofen kicks in.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If it's still hot and swollen after 3 days see a Dr as the dirty little varmint will have injected bacteria into you and infected your foot.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I saw one hovering around my can the other day as I was sitting on the lawn in front of Kenwood House enjoying the late summer sunshine, but didn't shoo it away as I would normally do, having read just a day or two earlier that they're much more likely to sting if shoo'd. A moment later, the bugger's only gone and flown into the can and fallen in me beer. I was looking forward to that last bit! And I only had the one can.

Now that what I call :?:

(I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that after it was good and pissed I tipped it out and CRUSHED IT WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!) ;)

Jane Smart

The Queen
I have a phobia about wasps, I am not just scared of them, I won't even go near them when they are dead :biggrin:

I was driving my car the other day topless ( the car not me ) and one flew in, I pulled over at the side of the road and jumped out with it on my knee:ohmy: I was so panicked I did not see if it flew away or landed on the floor of my car, I was terrified. Must have taken me about 20 minutes to get back in the drivers seat, after a good search and drive the two minutes home again :blush:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
There is a point. They make you go faster. A lot faster. And mostly they just bimble about doing waspy stuff and minding their own business - which probably has quite a lot of point to it, if you're a wasp. Also their nests are very beautiful. And there are all manner of fascinating solitary wasps, which are harmless to humans and probably get squashed by people mistaking them for the common wasp. I can see this is likely to be a minority view...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Rigid Raider said:
If it's still hot and swollen after 3 days see a Dr as the dirty little varmint will have injected bacteria into you and infected your foot.

Only option then available is amputation at the neck.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Archie_tect said:
Only option then available is amputation at the neck.

Well I could give it a go but the last time I looked it was pretty squished. Repeated blows with the hardback version of the Hitchhickers Guide Compendium will do that. That's one wasp that won't be crapping on my lawn again.
:blush:

Top Bottom