Watch out for those wooden stairs lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Last night I was upstairs sorting out some bits and pieces out when I heard the door going. Like a fool I rushed down the bare wood oak stairs with no shoes on and slipped half way down. As I tried to avoid a disaster I end up going head first down the stairs and ended up landing my face straight between the fire place and fire. I'm sure I blacked out for a few moments. When I came round my face was covered in blood with my forehead badly grazed and the bridge of my nose cut. After a quick clean up I still managed to go out for a pint ,but the looks I got in the pub was so funny. Everybody automatically assumed it been in some brawl and kept there distance thinking I was some thug :-). It was the same again today whilst out in town. It looks a lot worse today as the bruising has come out. No bike rides for me today. As much as my face hurts , its my knee that hurts the most. I've got a ruddy great big carpet burn on my left knee cap were I must of slid along the carpet during my fall. I'm laughing about it all but I think its finally hit home that I don't bounce as well as I used to lol.
Take care all and watch those blooming wooded stairs when your in your socks lol :-))))))))))))

AndyRM

XOXO
Ouch!

Have a chat with a doctor, almost certainly nothing will be wrong but a crack on the bonce is worth getting checked out.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Ouch!

Have a chat with a doctor, almost certainly nothing will be wrong but a crack on the bonce is worth getting checked out.

Wise words. Especially if you think you were out for a spell.

Good job the carpet burns aren't on both knees. That would take more explaining!

Top Bottom