Wattbike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben M

So who's used a Wattbike?

For those of you who don't know what they are, they the latest exercise bike. They have very accurate measurements for peak power, time trials and distance trials, which you can then upload onto the online ranking system.

My uni got some in the other day to play with, and they look really good, the computer is easy to use and has some really good functions, including a really cool graph showing you what percentage of the power is being exerted by each leg, and whether it's on the up or down stroke.

The bike is as adjustable as a normal bike; seat up and down, seat forwards and back, and handlebars forwards and back, up and down. The resistance adjusts in the same way as a rowing machine, and there's also a knob that adjusts the gradient. The pedals also have straps on one side, and clips on the other.

Their website: www.wattbike.com
One of the ranking tables, with me at the top :whistle: http://www.wattbikeranking.com/ranking?g=&a=0&c=0&submit=Filter+Ranking

It wasn't set up at the time, but you can also hook two bikes up to a laptop, so you can race a friend.

They look like pretty useful pieces of kit, so if you're at uni, and your uni has some, go to your gym and sign up, as each uni needs 200 people to sign up, and they get to keep 3 of them (they are £1600 each!)

Ravenz

Ben M said:
So who's used a Wattbike?

nope... SPINNER... SCHWINN XBIKE yup

power meter attached to me legs to give a read out in me head;)

Top Bottom