We all know cyclists sometimes run red lights. Ever seen a motorist do it like this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
MEEEENTAL

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
There must have been something seriously wrong for someone to drive through so many red lights, in bus lanes, past traffic cameras, and on the wrong side of the road. The driver was being very cautious through the junctions so he wasn't taking unnecessary risks.
In all the years my mother was a domestic midwife she only ever did that a handful of times for emergencies, but she didn't have any right or blue lights to do it, apart from when she was instructed by a police car driver to follow him regardless of what he did or where he went!

Last edited:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
That's normal for the Felling Bypass outside Gateshead international athletics stadium and the traffic lights before that ..I've even seen one car drive on the wrong side of the road for 20 yards (lights on red) to get into the petrol station the opposite side ... absolute nutters some of them :banghead:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Is the number plate readable anywhere in the video? No doubt the local Plod would be very interested in that one.

We've got a nutter, there's a nutter on the roads people.

stowie

Legendary Member
There must have been something seriously wrong for a someone to drive through so many red lights, in bus lanes, past traffic cameras, and on the wrong side of the road. The driver was being very cautious through the junctions so he wasn't taking unnecessary risks. In all the years my mother was a domestic midwife she only ever did that a handful of times for emergencies, but she didn't have any right or blue lights to do it, apart from when she was instructed by a police car driver to follow him regardless of what he did or where he went!

It might be an emergency but I suspect it is more likely to be a total nobber who thinks they can get away with it. I will be really interested to hear what the police do with this. In London this type of antisocial driving isn't uncommon. I had an instance on the Mile End Road where a car drove down the bus lane - the wrong way. I even had the video. And the number plate, but despite the number plate being correct according to the vehicle check websites the police thought it wasn't and filed it under "no further action".

I came to the conclusion that "no further action" was police code for "don't give a sh!t".

Saw a car do similar at a junction without an island. They had stopped behind me for about 5secs but lost patience and did similar to jump the lights, they turned left though and gradually merged into the priority flow. Perhaps they came from a country (like Australia) where thats legal :wacko:

sazzaa

There must have been something seriously wrong for someone to drive through so many red lights, in bus lanes, past traffic cameras, and on the wrong side of the road. The driver was being very cautious through the junctions so he wasn't taking unnecessary risks.
In all the years my mother was a domestic midwife she only ever did that a handful of times for emergencies, but she didn't have any right or blue lights to do it, apart from when she was instructed by a police car driver to follow him regardless of what he did or where he went!

I wondered if it might have been an emergency. But then thought, if I was in a panic and had to do all that to get somewhere fast because it was life or death, the least I'd do is have my hazards on and sound the horn a lot.

Top Bottom