We so should have a rant section

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mozzy

I'd gone on a 30 miler this afternoon; left at around 14.30 knowing it would be getting near dark by the time I got home. What is it that you get a tingly feeling when entering a roundabout, riding hard (so as not to slow the flow) and that twat (rhymes with banker , duck-wit, flosser,) and any other expletives as appropriate, pulls out seeing a gap and virtually (but not) knocks you off. I had NINE feckin lights running at the time, and much reflective stuff on. On then went the finger on the airzound; full feckin blast. A lorry to my right had to lock wheels up to miss him and actually stopped after, and asked me if I was OK … which I thought was nice. Yes I make no apologies for shouting out that word that rhymes with banker at the top of my voice.

Blow me down, about 25 miles into my ride, a lady pulls out from a side lane with three little darlings on board. Yep same again.

OP
OP
Mozzy

Mozzy

Sorry, me tea was ready. Sooooo, as I said this lady (who I soooo knew was going to pull out) bearing in mind it was only 5 minutes earlier Mr 'Banker' nearly killed me at the roundabout, so I've got the ever so cautious head on at this stage. As I suspected, straight out from a side road, directly in front of me. I had FIVE bright lights up front at this time. One static, four flashing. Braked hard and we missed one another. I was pootling at around 15-16mph at that time. In fairness, 50 metres on she pulled in and jumped out, bright red face full of sincere apologies. Her version was, she felt I was going slowly and that there was plenty of room. She accepted what she did was totally wrong and invited me home with her for drinks in front of the log fire! OK that was where my mind was and I made that bit up :smile:

Planning on a 40 miler tomorrow, so think I will leave early and do it in all daylight. I'm not overly impressed with peeps driving skills when that light fades.

Oh, and what is it with cyclists, dark clothing, NO effing lights all round this afternoon; visibility was crap. Wall to wall cloud and dark. They need heads testing :sad:

OP
OP
Mozzy

Mozzy

No I'm happy with the Airzound. PUmping up is simplicity with an Aldi motorised inflater. Takes just a few seconds to get back up 80 or so PSI

OP
OP
Mozzy

Mozzy

Knitting duly considered then. Another string to the bow:surrender:

Oh, and what is it with cyclists, dark clothing, NO effing lights all round this afternoon; visibility was crap. Wall to wall cloud and dark. They need heads testing :sad:

Darwin in action. They survive in great numbers while you with all your lights and hi-viz get nearly wiped out. Twice. Learn the lesson, ditch the lights! :whistle:

Mis-judging a cyclist's speed, a seemingly common error amongst motorists.
Regards the lights, it wouldn't matter if the front of your bike was so loaded with lights it looked like a mod scooter a-la Quadrophenia and had a revolving amber beacon on a 4ft-tall mast behind your seat, some knob-jockey out there would still miss seeing them and consequently near-miss, or hit, you.
Anyway, this laydee with the log fire, was she pretty?

OP
OP
Mozzy

Mozzy

Mis-judging a cyclist's speed, a seemingly common error amongst motorists.
Regards the lights, it wouldn't matter if the front of your bike was so loaded with lights it looked like a mod scooter a-la Quadrophenia and had a revolving amber beacon on a 4ft-tall mast behind your seat, some knob-jockey out there would still miss seeing them and consequently near-miss, or hit, you.
Anyway, this laydee with the log fire, was she pretty?
Oh yes …. extremely:becool: Methinks motorists look for four wheeled vehicles only hence why Motorcycles get heated on roundabouts and junctions. Your Quaudrophenia reference was a good one. Gave a good image in my mind:crazy:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Rants are good.......

On Monday either my wife or I will make our 4th trip in recent weeks to collect a package from the Post Office. Each time someone has been in but the van is vanishing round the corner by the time they get to the door...I was this mornings victim. I understand they are under time pressures etc but would have the following message for the driver, I suspect it is the same bloke. Having, on other occassions, surprised him as he's trying to put the card through the door, strangely it's the van I've seen and not heard any knock:-

You are a total farkwit, it is not physically possible, in the time it takes me to reach the door, for you to have knocked, paused, filled out your little card, got back in your van and driven out of our close. You seem to see your job as driving round and leafletting rather than actually delivering parcels. There can be no other explanation for the pitifully quiet 'attempt' at a knock that you claim you make. Though the offence is minor the cumulative effect isn't and I'm now harbouring thoughts of a 'stinger' across the road so that I can confront you and insert your little red and white card as my own form of reminder.

Ah...that feels better

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Apparently the Post Office take a very dim view of posties doing this. Also good Posties get very wound-up about fellow workers trying this on. Report him.

Top Bottom