Wearing lycra is not a come on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
This thread is useless without photos!

Seriously though, it's a pain in the 'arris and needs to be sorted. In 99% of cases you can look at a girl (or a bloke, come to that) in lycra and think "hmm, looks fit" and that's as far as it goes. Unfortunately though, there are some sad and lonely people around who aren't quite in touch with reality and try to take it further. I was once being harrassed at work by an older woman who kept groping me and fondling, it was an irritant but I was never going to complain officially about it. One day though she grabbed me as I was in a hurry and stressed and I turned round and snapped at her, a genuine gesture of annoyance. She's never done it again. Maybe you just need to lose your temper with this bloke?

I have to mention the girl I saw yesterday at the ToB, she had just cycled up the KoM section and stopped near me.
She was in Sunderland Clarion kit, nice figure and very attractive. Even had make up on, bearing in mind she had just done a bit climbing there was'nt a thing out of place, not even a smudge on her make up!

I had come up the same climb just before her and I can assure you that i was not so pretty.:evil:

redjedi

Über Member
That is a bit creepy, and a word to the shop manager is definately called for.

What he should do is buy a decent bike, slip into a bit of lycra himself and do what the rest of us do.....draft, while claiming to be on a rest day :evil:

If that fails, a loud "F**K off creep/perv" should get you a bit of space.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
there seems to be no shortage of guys that think this sort of stuff is ok. Problem is a lot of them don't even realise how creepy it is. They probably think they're being nice and, if met with a harsh response may even think lesbian, in a derogatory manner. I've actually been out with guys that could clear the local vicinity of all females. Yet they'd finish the evening convinced that they were still gods gift and wouldn't recognise the truth if it bit them on the nose.

redjedi

Über Member
MacB said:
there seems to be no shortage of guys that think this sort of stuff is ok. Problem is a lot of them don't even realise how creepy it is. They probably think they're being nice and, if met with a harsh response may even think lesbian, in a derogatory manner. I've actually been out with guys that could clear the local vicinity of all females. Yet they'd finish the evening convinced that they were still gods gift and wouldn't recognise the truth if it bit them on the nose.

I think we should leave DavyW out of this :evil:;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
I work with a bunch of BMW-driving, golfing, soccer hooligan blokes and sometimes the shite they talk just makes me cringe; they lack any sensitivity or respect. A few years ago somebody attacked my boss in a restaurant beause he was drunkenly blurting out so much offensive drivel.

Arch

Married to Night Train
MacB said:
I've actually been out with guys that could clear the local vicinity of all females. Yet they'd finish the evening convinced that they were still gods gift and wouldn't recognise the truth if it bit them on the nose.

We had one in our undergraduate year, a 'mature' student. Huge and sweaty and no social ability whatsoever, except the ability to be rude and make people feel uncomfortable and on some occasions actually frightened. After I gave him the polite brushoff in the 2nd or 3rd week of term, he explained to a pubfull of people that I was probably a lesbian who needed a good seeing to.

He ended up being suspended for stalking and generally upsetting everyone in the department. If I was being charitable, I'd say he probably hadn't had a great life, and was reacting to something. That or he was genuinly just very unpleasant.

Rhythm Thief said:
I agree with Arch. You shouldn't have to put up with this sort of thing however you choose to dress, especially if he works there.
.. especially especially as you were dressed appropriately for the kind of shop you were on.

I am often embarassed by others of my gender, especially the type that Rigid Raider works with. Thankfully, we don't have too many of those in my team: mainly - I guess - because I do the interviews. :evil:

My next door neighbour was bigging up me in lycra to our (female) postie on Saturday while I was out front chatting to them both. That was mildly amusing 'cos she was joking and I knew it and was happy to go along with it: I certainly ain't a picture in lycra.

But your experience, wheeledweenie, was just creepy.

Top Bottom