Weekend Out and about...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Nice moody pic - but where's the bike ? ;)

yenrod

spaceball.gif

Mmmmmmm - very interesteeng Meester Melveel ! ;)

Nice one Melvil - I like the 'transparency' of the picture - puts you 'right there' in front of the scene.
As Maz says National Geographic...
HLaB and Gerry - thanks for your views too - everywhere I read stuff on CycleChat these days seems to make me envious - I've only just got over reading Paul Smith's tour report and now you lot come along...:angry:
:sad:

gavintc

Guru
I have always liked Melvil's pics. He manages to get a fairly ordinary scene into a stunningly moody pic. A real talent. Have a look through his link.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Gerry Attrick said:
Excellent pic Melville. Very dramatic. I was riding around Norfolk for the last few days. Whilst not in your league, here's my piccy of Burnham Overy Staithe.
29gbo1e.jpg

That looks lovely down there, Gerry - actually have a Q for you - is there anywhere in north norfolk you'd recommend for a family holiday (with old folk and toddlers)? I've heard that East Dereham is nice, too?

OP
OP
M

Melvil

HLaB said:
Nice Pic Melvil, I'm no good at capturing mood like that.
My picture of the same loch
2873122603_90f3333299.jpg

Cool - Is this near Kinensswood / Scotlandwell? When we were there yesterday there were loads of gliders about, too.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Maz said:
That picture is worthy of National Geographic.
Do you have to use filters or anything to get that kind of shot?

Actually not with this one - this is pretty much au naturel apart from a wee bit of contrast. But I sometimes use Cokin Neutral Density filters, which come in very handy for long exposures, especially water. Thing about filters, though, is it makes it necessary to lug about a tripod, which I'm not too keen on, my tripod being the size and weight of a WWII era bazooka!

longers

Legendary Member
A really fantastic photo Melvil.
As Gavin says - you're not too bad at this sort of thing :angry:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Melvil said:
That looks lovely down there, Gerry - actually have a Q for you - is there anywhere in north norfolk you'd recommend for a family holiday (with old folk and toddlers)? I've heard that East Dereham is nice, too?

Hunstanton is nice, It's got a nice beach, A small fun fair for the kids and is close to various bird reserves along the north Norfolk coast.

Top Bottom