Weekend Out and about...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have to say the exposure on that shot Melvil looks spot on. Nothing missing out the highlights and good shadow detail as well, really key that with digital.

Melvil said:
That looks lovely down there, Gerry - actually have a Q for you - is there anywhere in north norfolk you'd recommend for a family holiday (with old folk and toddlers)? I've heard that East Dereham is nice, too?

You weren't asking me, but the Norfolk Broads make for a good day out for a family.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=norfolk broads&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Cheers Paulus and Dayvo. Both good suggestions and not too far from each other. Like the sound of a wee fun fair at Hunstanton for the little'uns.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Melvil said:
That looks lovely down there, Gerry - actually have a Q for you - is there anywhere in north norfolk you'd recommend for a family holiday (with old folk and toddlers)? I've heard that East Dereham is nice, too?
Sorry for the late response Melvil, I've been working long hours these last few days.

As Paulus has suggested, Hunstanton would probably appeal to both young and old, and if the seniors would like a bit of peace and quiet, the place in my picture is superb (my favourite spot), then there is Burnham Market (great for quirky shops and bakers par excellence) Holkham beach consisting of miles and miles of gloriously silky sandy beach for the kids and great walks through the bird sanctuary for others.

Wells-Next-Sea is a quaint old port with interesting streets to wander through and where you can get a boat out to view the seals. Morston, Stiffkey and Blakeney are also old fishing ports which are remarkably unspoiled.

As this is beginning to sound like a travel program I won't go further but to say that North Norfolk is a place I know well having been going there since I was an ankle biter. The late Mr Attrick Snr. retired there and was blissfully happy.

Sorry, Ive been down in the Borders (work unfortunately this time:sad:) and only just got back to this thread.

Melvil said:
Cool - Is this near Kinensswood / Scotlandwell? When we were there yesterday there were loads of gliders about, too.
Its over the other side of the Loch, the west side, in the Cleish Hills. The photo was taken from an unamed road that part of NCN1 and just north of the Nivingston Craics and south of Cleish. There's a gliding club near where you were and the skies are often full of gliders.

The camera phone doesn't do it justice but I caught this one yesterday on the East side of Loch Leven. There was a a good few gliders too but dozens of Paraglider's :biggrin:
2899493834_c37132dc09.jpg

I like this picture I took on a bike ride a few years back, different location but more water.

2873952330_f2911684a7.jpg

Top Bottom