Well knock me down with a feather...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Panter said:
Amphetamine and cocaine CAN considerably enhance athletic performance if dosed appropriately.
They can help you shag all night as well. Bugger Tamiflu, why isn't the NHS giving it out?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Will1985 said:
Err....there was absolutely no reason to initiate an attack in the first place Hont. It was entirely up to the Schleck brothers to attack (both being below Kloden in the GC) and for the Astana riders to follow. At the point of attack, Contador's advantage over the next rider was effectively 2'17" to Kloden as Armstrong and Wiggo were already down the road. It wouldn't have changed Astana failing to take out the top three spots, but it certainly wrecked Kloden's chances of a podium finish.
And for that reason alone it was worth while. Contador did say that he had spoken to Kloden, but, to be honest, I don't think Kloden wanted to be ahead of Armstrong in the GC. And, to be fair to Contador, he couldn't rely on anybody, not even his team manager to help him - so why not ride for himself?

Hont

Guru
Noodley said:
Wind it back a few stages and Lance got praised for reading the race sooooo well and making the jump and gaining valuable seconds....

I think that had more to do with Armstrong's hearing skills than his ability to read. George didn't do a very convincing job of denying that he'd given him the heads up.

But it was Lance cracking the whip onto his two domestiques in that breakaway with Columbia, trying to make the maximum break to the rest of the peloton...including his team leader...

Who was it who said 'the road would decide' who was team leader - Bruyneel or Armstrong ?

Armstrong's way of doing it was in that stage 3 crosswinds breakaway.

Contador contradicted him on the climb to Andorra Arcalis.

For another viewpoint on Armstrong, how the 2004 Postal team worked internally, what sort of man Lance is and how he expects his teammates to behave and what happens when they don't, also try Daniel Coyle's Tour de Force (Lance Armstrong's War in the USA)
- interesting read...

Top Bottom