Well... looks like it's Obama then

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
dudi said:
i'm getting bored already of people going on about how black the dude is... come on! who cares for feck sake.

why cant they have a news flash:
"america elects it's first moderately cool, good looking and charismatic president"
or
"america makes history by electing the first relatively normal president"

grrrrr.
I know what you mean, but you only had to see the footage of hundreds of 'black dudes' weeping with joy at the result, and all saying the same thing - "I never thought that I'd live to see this day!" - to see who really cares about it. Hopefully, from now on, there will never be another election in the USA where it is an issue.

I really hope that he is as genuine, cool, charismatic and normal as he seems to be. America and the world need him to be...

Mind you, I remember being elated when Tony Blair got in... :smile:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
dudi said:
i'm getting bored already of people going on about how black the dude is... come on! who cares for feck sake.

Who cares?

Just every single black person in the USA, if not the western world. Just anyone who cares about injustice, racism, prejudice and fairness. Just anyone with any interest in the entire history of the USA over the last 200 years and its legacy. Just every single person with any kind of a social conscience.

Just those people. :smile:

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

Flying_Monkey said:
Who cares?

Just every single black person in the USA, if not the western world. Just anyone who cares about injustice, racism, prejudice and fairness. Just anyone with any interest in the entire history of the USA over the last 200 years and its legacy. Just every single person with any kind of a social conscience.

Just those people. :blush:

In all seriousness, and racial equality milestones aside.

The fact he's of a darker skin tone doesn't realy make him any better equipped or otherwise to act as president does it. If people voted for him just because he's black... that's a bit racist isnt it...

I'm in no doubt that the best candidate won, and I for one have backed B.O. since he started his campaign.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
dudi said:
If people voted for him just because he's black... that's a bit racist isnt it...

Oh, not this again... this has already been done to death over in a thread in Politics. Check it out if you want.

Top Bottom