What 10 speed chain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
Currently awaiting the arrival of a steel frame for a build project so am eyeing up a build list for it.

I'm intending to use some bits from my current "best bike" and upgrade the best bike along the way.

With that in mind i will be putting a new Chain and Ultegra cassette on the best one (as all i need are cassette, chain and chainset to go full Ultegra), using the old ones for the build.

KMC the best option for the quick link? I've looked at them but there are so many different types I'm unsure what to get? Or should I stick with Shimano (Dura Ace for £25?)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
KMC are very popular with the CC Populace.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm a KMC fan & the gold ones seem better. Got a gold one off Amazon last year for a tenner & it was brilliant,super smooth running & shifting. Put a cheaper silver one on in winter & it hasn't been as good. When it's time to change I'll be back to the KMC gold :okay:

D

Deleted member 23692

Shimano Ultegra chain gets my vote - since suffering nothing but problems with a KMC chain I've gone back to shimano chains on all my bikes and with their new 'siltec' and/or directional chains the shifting is so much better than more expensive KMC ones that I've used in the past.

I'm still using KMC missing link in preference to those silly Shimano snap-off joining pins

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
KMC all the way for me too.

gbb

Legendary Member
Ive used Campag, SRAM, 105 and KMC on previous bikes and used to record mileage quite fastidiously. None of them lasted significantly longer than any of the others...they're all much of a muchness. I buy whatever is cheapest at that particular time.

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Ok looks like KMC gold for me then, lots of you seem to have missed the best bike part which means I don't want the cheapest!

Top Bottom