What accent do you talk in?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
wafflycat said:
Posh Geordie. Since I moved to 'forn parts (doon sooth & east anglia) my pure Geordie is moderated, hence Posh Geordie. And I didn't have to live in Darras Hall to achieve it :tongue:

Are there Geordies on Darras? ...aren't they all posh migrants, drug dealers and footballers? ;)

Archie_tect

Will1985 said:
My Italian accent is...strong enough to make Italians think I'm one of them.

That must be 'difficult' at times?

wafflycat

Archie_tect said:
Are there Geordies on Darras? ...aren't they all posh migrants, drug dealers and footballers? ;)

Indeed. In modern times standards have slipped. Aal forr coat an 'nee nickers theor these days, bonnie laad!

Edit: Digressing.. The original concept of Darras Hall was rather good. At about 1900 some 900+ acres near Ponteland sold off for residential development. In five acre lots I think. Lots of restrictive covenants attached, such as no dwelling was allowed to have a plot of less than 1/4 acre, and lots of byelaws about keeping the place full of trees and each resident paying an annual charge towards the maintenance of the estate tree-lined roads. A pre-curser to to Ebenezer Howard's garden cities.

graham56

Guru
Archie_tect said:

you forgot the lottery winning convicted ..........:biggrin:,you`ll know who i mean.

Archie_tect

graham56 said:
..........you`ll know who i mean.

Wonder what his accent was like... he was hounded out in the end.

Just goes to show money can't buy happiness.

wafflycat

graham56 said:
you forgot the lottery winning convicted ..........;),you`ll know who i mean.

No.. do tell. Being in 'forn parts, south of the Tyne these days, I've missed out, obviously. Mind you, the self-styled 'king of the chavs' lottery winner is not a million miles from my neck of the woods...

graham56

Guru
wafflycat said:
No.. do tell. Being in 'forn parts, south of the Tyne these days, I've missed out, obviously. Mind you, the self-styled 'king of the chavs' lottery winner is not a million miles from my neck of the woods...

He is a rapist from outside the region , took a shine to Darras Hall and moved in probably for the anonimity.The neighbourhood was in an uproar when they found out, but little the polis could do about it, but put PC on duty outside his house for his protection. I didn`t know he had moved on.

yenrod

In work its gotta be scouse (as then i can be understood) but generally its a sort of a mix of west~lancs./scouse - other... mostly proper sounding speech though..

I generally cannot stand the scouse accent its one of THE worst around !

Top Bottom