What are these things called....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
I am after a spring fastening type thing. But I have no idea what theyre called...

Essentially it is a piece of rolled spring steel that is rolled to be almost a cylinder with a slit down it.

They're fitted into a hole by squeezing them, and when they are released they try to expand out and hold themselves in place.

I cant start to try and find them to buy some because i dont know what theyre called.

ANy ideas?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
How big ? What is it holding

Drago

Legendary Member
I am after a spring fastening type thing. But I have no idea what theyre called...

Essentially it is a piece of rolled spring steel that is rolled to be almost a cylinder with a slit down it.

They're fitted into a hole by squeezing them, and when they are released they try to expand out and hold themselves in place.

I cant start to try and find them to buy some because i dont know what theyre called.

ANy ideas?

You, Sir, are referring to a roll pin.

OP
OP
Tom B

Tom B

Guru
Team....

I thank you.... I can now repair various items.

"Roll Pin" certainly brought up a few things of the type I need.

1715502996860.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom B

Tom B

Guru
How big ? What is it holding

Variously from about 8mm long to about 20mm long.

Circlips? Tell us what you are using it for and we might be able to help better.

The pressing need today is for the velux type window opening tool, it locks the head to the shaft.

I could use a little nut and bolt but it wouldn't be as elegant. I also need some shorter versions to hold some hinge caps on at the SILs house and some for something else that I cant bring to mind.

Top Bottom