what happened to TV ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

where have all the programs gone ? Sunday night and all they got is the Great Escape ?!!!!! and an hour of musli at prime time viewing .(well at least that what Sky said "The seven wonders of the Musli " ??? just what you want to watch after the great escape and 7 hours of golf!

I'm quitting Sky after the tour. I've decided to get some of my life back. Maybe get into a bit of healthy cooking and an occasional swim or gym session after work.

I'm determined to do at least a hilly half hour on the bike every night too.

I've not had TV (where I've been living) for the best part of 10 months, and don't miss at all. I have books to read, musical instruments to learn to play, bikes to ride and golf to play. And once I stop getting on here a lot of the time, I'll get round to those things! :biggrin:

TV's overated, but there are some good programmes on, although having lived abroad for many years now, I've no idea about TV programmes/actors in GB anymore!

Keith Oates

Janner
Similar to you Dayvo, I don't see much English Language TV so nearly all of my news come from the internet. I also post on CC once in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

postman

Legendary Member
We have cable for the kids.It is totally crap.Repeat after repeat.It is only worth it now we have more soccer on .

OP
OP
P

peanut

The idea is to give you a cheap subsidised Sky+ record box and the most basic programs as possible to encourage us to subscribe to extra stuff like high definition and sports and movies etc. This is where Sky makes most of their money. It would be bad marketing to give us any decent programs as we would all just stick with the cheap subscription and not upgrade

sheddy

Legendary Member
TV is king - you're my everything - TV is king
The Tubes (1978?)

Rob S said:
In the end it's not that bad on BBC2...Great Escape, Top Gear, Long Way Down and Moto GP

i agree...

however, i was a bit surprised when the other half said "that's Jim Rockford, from The Rockford Files" - but when asked, did not recognise Steve McQueen, or even know who he was once i told her!!!!!!- women eh...

domtyler

Über Member
I've got the full Sky HD experience at home, my problem is finding enough time to fit in all the stuff that I want to see. I must admit that I don't often look at the standard def crap on the free to view channels any more, it's a bit irritating watching it on a large tv.

Carwash

Señor Member
Haven't had a TV for years now. Don't see the point - as far as I can tell, most of what's on is rubbish. If there is something worth watching, I can can torrent it or get on it DVD.

Kovu

Über Member
Yeah tv is rubbish now, even i'll say that hahaha!

Top gear perhaps ... Mock the week, only things i'd happily sit and watch.

Top Bottom