What is it about BMW drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Common sense prevailed and he got on the phone :ohmy:

news_logo.gif

Man follows sat nav to cliff edge

A car was left teetering on a cliff edge after the driver followed sat nav directions down a Pennine footpath.
Robert Jones continued to follow the instructions when they told him the narrow, steep path he was driving on in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, was a road.
Mr Jones, from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, only stopped when his BMW hit a fence above Gauxholme railway bridge on Sunday morning.
Police have charged Mr Jones with driving without due care and attention.
The 43-year-old, who works as a driver, said he relied on his sat nav for his job.
He described Sunday's incident, during a visit to friends in Todmorden, as "a nightmare".
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Officers received a call at 11.18am on Sunday March 22 reporting that a BMW was hanging off the edge of a cliff off Bacup Road.
"The driver was a 43-year-old man from Doncaster. He has been summonsed to court for driving without due care and attention."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/bradford/7962212.stm

Published: 2009/03/24 18:56:22 GMT

© BBC MMIX

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
striiiiiike three!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
In the interests of balance, one of the most considerate drivers I encounter on my commute is behind the wheel of a Silver X5, shattering both the stereotype of the 4x4 driver, and the BMW driver.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Don't you even look at thread titles? I'd have thought:

"Mandatory IQ tests for satnav users? "

might very possibly have been a clue....

OP
OP
V

very-near

Arch said:
Don't you even look at thread titles? I'd have thought:

"Mandatory IQ tests for satnav users? "

might very possibly have been a clue....

Didn't catch my eye. Feel free to delete or merge

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Arch said:
Now, to miss the story already posted once, that's easy, to miss it twice, that takes a real ejit...;)
As the creator of the original thread, I was about to chime in here about how easy it is to follow what is going on using the New Posts feature but I've just realised that I missed the second thread about that idiot driver! ;)

I'm going to have to hunt it down now...

PS Found it!

Mr Pig

John the Monkey said:
one of the most considerate drivers I encounter is behind the wheel of an X5,

Take a photo. I've never seen a considerate X5 driver. In fact I think that anyone who even 'wants' to buy an X5 should be shot!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Mr Pig said:
I think that anyone who even 'wants' to buy an X5 should be shot!
I don't care what the buggers drive, as long as they drive it safely, Mr Pig...

Incidentally, I've seen the new X6 a couple of times on my commute (parked up, usually, perhaps it's too expensive to actually drive anywhere) by god that's an ugly vehicle.

longers

Legendary Member
I saw an X6 being driven along the A57 a couple of weeks ago. It was so ugly I nearly fell off my bike.

I won't be buying one.

Top Bottom