Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Local

• Sport

• Genre specific staions

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derall

Guru
For the last week, whatever radio station my neighbour favours. Something that blares out an annoying and repetitive stream of rock music.

Usually I listen to Radio 3 in the evenings and Radio 4 in the morning. Radio 3 is just too sedate to rouse me from bed in the mornings, I need to have politicos getting me wound up in the mornings before I can get up.

A

another_dave_b

Classic FM, Radio 7.

Radio 7 has some great yesteryear radio repeats: Round the Horne, Hancock's Half Hour, The Navy Lark, Dad's Army etc. :smile:

iGaz

At work I plug my iPhone into an old pair of PC speakers on the shelf next to my tool stack (I'm a mechanic), I then launch the iPhone app called Wunder Radio and stream Planet Rock using either the 3G network or if its working the workshop wireless network.

Morning show with Alice Cooper everyday, great tunes he picks. And where else can you listen to Rick Wakeman on a Saturday morning.

Top radio/DAB/internet station that has grown on everyone at work! Even my dealer principle enjoys it!!! I have now caught several PCs at work with Planet Rock coming from the speakers!!

Hugo15

Über Member
Radio 5 for the news when I wake up.
Radio 1 on a morning on those days I don't commute
Radio 2 for the drive home

Stated listening to 6 Music recently. Quite like this. Wish it wasn't only on DAB.

D

Deleted member 1258

Mostly Kerang Radio, sometimes if I'm feeling mellow Smooth Radio

Glow worm

Legendary Member
O dear, Self confessed radio anorak here I'm afraid. If you don't want to be bored to death, look away now. At least one radio in every room. I Was brought up during the 80's tuned to Radio Caroline and Laser 558 (both from ships in the North Sea) and to this day I can't bring myself to listen to music radio that hasn't crossed at least 12 miles of sea!

So it's Arrow Classic Rock and Radio 10 Gold from Holland for me as the Dutch do music radio brilliantly, less tight playlists and less chat. (Both stations sadly now internet only). Also Nostalgie, NRJ and Melodie from France. When Arrow was on the high power AM until last year, I had a radio on my bicycle handlebars permanently tuned to it.

I've never been able to stand R1 or R2 or any UK music station, especially while my heores were battling out a force 10 12 miles off Clacton, while the Beeb lot were sat in comfy London studios. For talk though it's R4 or 5. For sport and all things Norwich City it's R. Norfolk. For fun it's the Voice of Korea's English service on 13765Khz playing Pyongyang's hottest marching music hits. Think I'll leave it there!

peanut

Radio 2 mostly whilst out and about on work days.
anyone know of a radio station that plays classic R&B and R&R 50's and 60's stuff ?

Gareth

Guru
Radio Heart (Norfolk); I did prefer radio Broadland, but Heart took them over in January.

Radio 2 when I am driving.

Top Bottom