What's the difference between Alan Shearer and Newcastle United?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
Alan Shearer will be on Match of The Day next year.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Dave5N said:
tch, tch, tch, Dave5N. Laughing at the misfortunes of Newcastle United is neither clever nor funny.

hahahaahaahahahaahahaahahahahahahahaahahahhaahahahhahahhhhhaaaa!!!!! Genius!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Dave5N said:

I won't mention the fact that very joke was part of a posting I made last night. No, I won't.

1newcastle.jpg

Funtboy

As a Sunderland fan I'm devastated for the North East that Newcastle have gone down.
ONLY JOKING. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Childish? Me?

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
PaulB said:
I won't mention the fact that very joke was part of a posting I made last night. No, I won't.

Soz. Didn't see it. :wacko:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, the general consensus here in Newcastle is that it's been a long time coming, that we deserved it, and that this might be an opportunity to sort out some of the deep problems with the club. And yes, we do hope that Shearer will stay on as manager...

PaulB

Legendary Member
Personally, as an outsider who visits Newcastle regularly for business (and when my team play there), I'd say the biggest problem is the fans. Sorry. The fact is, the chairman (whoever that may be) knows for a certainty that he'll have a full (or near to) ground every week regardless of the division or standard of football because of the loyalty of those fans. That loyalty is ultimately what lets them and the club down. No other consumer would carry on shelling out money hand over fist for substandard product but to not do so as a football fan marks you out as a deserter or a traitor. It's only when fans stop showing up, something will be done.

Danny

Legendary Member
Went to see Chelsea at Sunderland yesterday, and the Sunderland and Chelsea fans joined in a mass celebration of Newcastle's demise.

The Sunderland fans also had a good selection of anti-Newcastle songs, my favourite being (to the tune of Cheer Up Sleepy Jean)
Cheer up Alan Sheerer
Oh what can it mean
To be a sad Geordie bastard
With a crap football team

Oddly the Guardian's rather po-faced correspondent called this tasteless.

Heard that sung at the Hull game too. Not sure (as I sit at the other end of the ground) but think that it was both sets of fans singing it. Man U fans certainly seemed quite pleased with the way the afternoon went.

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
PaulB said:
Personally, as an outsider who visits Newcastle regularly for business (and when my team play there), I'd say the biggest problem is the fans. Sorry. The fact is, the chairman (whoever that may be) knows for a certainty that he'll have a full (or near to) ground every week regardless of the division or standard of football because of the loyalty of those fans. That loyalty is ultimately what lets them and the club down. No other consumer would carry on shelling out money hand over fist for substandard product but to not do so as a football fan marks you out as a deserter or a traitor. It's only when fans stop showing up, something will be done.

s'not true, though, is it?

Look at the demise of Forest, Coventry, Leeds, Stoke...

When teams plummet, the fans desert them.

Top Bottom