What's the Maddest Thing That's Ever Happened to You?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sad to say that I appear to have very little mad things happen. I wracked my brains but this is all I could come up with:

I was arrested for snapping a twig off a tree.

Got so monged on bhang lassi that I thought I was going to die

My wife was five months pregnant before she realised

Took opium during a camel ride in the desert

Ran naked through the streets whilst drunk (natch)

Sniffed snuff from the back of the hand of the stolen arm of a shop dummy, 'liberated' from the Centre Hotel Cardiff...same place I ate 29 slices of toast. ;)

Can't think of anything else - yet :sad:

ChrisKH

Guru
Got arrested for throwing a half brick in a frozen stream.

Did Father Abraham on a mini roundabout. Naked.

Received a three page advice from a lady I had inteviewed for a position telling me about the benefits of Nicharen Shoshu Buddhism and how not to be a bastard (today, that one).

Drinking ten pints of Directors Bitter unaware it was laced with copious amounts of speed during a stag do. The last time I drank in any sort of quantity.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

OP
OP
Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat

Oh yes, I remember.

Rode from the Barbican to Walworth (via Elephant and Castle roundabouts) in the dark, with no lights and falling down drunk.

Was so drunk I forgot I had arrived home by bike in the time it took me to get off my bike and let myself in through the door. I left the bike propped up outside.

I miss that bike.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
Sniffed snuff from the back of the hand of the stolen arm of a shop dummy, 'liberated' from the Centre Hotel Cardiff...same place I ate 29 slices of toast. ;)

Can't think of anything else - yet :sad:

Cor, you're mad you are!:ohmy:

I once slipped at the top of the Marmolda glacier and clung to dear life for 5 minutes with my fingertips jammed in a crack. I had nightmares about it afterwards much to mrs rich p's delight:ohmy:

Mr Pig

I once kept the seven-foot Christmas tree in my livingroom up for over a year. It got quite dusty.

Also kept a snowball in the freezer and hit my girlfriend with it in July. She still married me, silly woman.

I slid down the front of the worlds tallest sand dune, which was fun.
I tried to run under a set of goalposts whilst very drunk. Unfortunately the net was still there and I got catapulted backwards onto the ground. Woke up with muddy square imprints all over me.
I've taken far too many drugs to remember what I actually did when taking them, and...
I'm in the process of getting my favourite band to play my village hall which will be completely mad if it comes off.

ChrisKH

Guru
Kirstie said:
I slid down the front of the worlds tallest sand dune, which was fun. I tried to run under a set of goalposts whilst very drunk. Unfortunately the net was still there and I got catapulted backwards onto the ground. Woke up with muddy square imprints all over me.
I've taken far too many drugs to remember what I actually did when taking them, and...
I'm in the process of getting my favourite band to play my village hall which will be completely mad if it comes off.

Where's the dune Kirstie? I recall running up a dune without stopping in the South East of France when I was younger and it was rather large and celebrated but I can't for the life of me remember why.

Had an automatic rifle pulled on me by a West German border guard at the French-West German border for complaining/then refusing/then very rapidly getting my passport out, after just having shown it twice in 20 seconds to two of his colleagues.

Walking through Tel Aviv airport after seeing a mate off; walked through the departure lounge and about 200 soldiers (later found out they were the Foreign Legion) bogged me out, although I eye-balled them back. I was tanned, fit and had a no. 1, and looked just like them!

Skied off a cliff and fell 30 metres slow-motion into a snowdrift.

Openly, and VERY stupidly, shared a joint with an Israeli girl in a street cafe in Surat Thani in Thailand.

There's more! ;)

Top Bottom