What's using your Juice (KWh content)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I work from Home, so have the following office set-up

Laptop - 45w
Extra Screen - 20w ( additional screen to be added soon)
Smart TV - 35w
Sky mini - 15w....

so the home office would use 115kwh to run- BUT the TV and sky Mini run off solar.......so its only the laptop and screen using power so 65W

Downstairs currently running

American fridge freezer - 65w
BT Hub - 10w
and various smelly socket plugs - 10w

So currently pulling approx 150kwh from the grid

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just purcased 4 more TP Link TAPO 110 smart sockets with energy monioring in the Black Friday sales.

The socket that the TV etc runs off is drawing about 7-8w on standby. This includes TV, remote door chime, media pc (mini desktop), network switch and a WIFI Mesh disc, so all reasonable. TV then draws about 100w on, and the media PC on, not doing anything , about 20w. The old hifi, when on (no real standby), is abut 25w.

I'll be using at least two to control the Christmas lights ^_^

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Probably my daily 15 minute hot in winter, warm in summer shower and my sat next to me when I'm sat in my armchair fan heater. Yes, I know gas central heating works out cheaper than such things as fan heaters, but I don't want to warm the whole room. I want to give myself an instant blast of warm air, not wait 10 minutes for central heating to make a difference.

15 minute shower. Blimey you’ve got time for two washes and a spin cycle.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I work from Home, so have the following office set-up

Laptop - 45w
Extra Screen - 20w ( additional screen to be added soon)
Smart TV - 35w
Sky mini - 15w....

so the home office would use 115kwh to run- BUT the TV and sky Mini run off solar.......so its only the laptop and screen using power so 65W

Surely that’s 115Wh not kilowatt hours.

Top Bottom