What's your "go-to" sandwich?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nope. You'll find the term used in Jewish delis / bagel shops in Stokey and Stamford Hill.

Bagel with lox & a schmear is fabby.

Fairy muff

Sallar55

Veteran
Smoked mackerel and beetroot on brown bread ,no butter. Industrial salmon farming has put me off salmon, so it's now mackerel or other oily fish.

presta

Guru
I invented a fried onion & courgette sandwich just to use up some unwanted left over courgette, but now it's a favourite. Just add a sprinkle of harissa.

And it saves trying to find small courgettes.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Stilton cheese and lettuce.

The Stilton should be preferably a little bit too mature. The lettuce is there as it adds a bit of variety, texture and moisture, but no flavour. Nothing should get in the way of the full Stilton hit.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Stilton cheese and lettuce.

The Stilton should be preferably a little bit too mature. The lettuce is there as it adds a bit of variety, texture and moisture, but no flavour. Nothing should get in the way of the full Stilton hit.

I like blue cheese but don't fancy it on a sandwich.....I enjoy it crackers, preferably with a glass of vino.

Yuk - all cheese is disgusting - blue cheese doubly so!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Weirdo !
Despite the french thinking they are the bee's knees when it comes to fromage, is Brits have far superior cheesey comestibles, I luv a good blue viened Goats cheese, with crisp crunchy walnuts and a hunk of granary bread with a smear of garlic butter.

I have some Roqoufort blue and some English Brie in the fridge.......just waiting for my daughter and SiL to come round and we will demolish it.
In line with your sentiments, I normally have Shropshire Blue but this was an impulse buy.....hope I don't regret it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ohhh! Froggy fromage, dodgy Dave!
Still cheese is cheese!

In the 80s when we started to holiday in France we fell in love with their different cheeses.
It seems to be more recent that the UK has caught up and produced more varieties.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Just had a blast from the past - a pot of that salad stuff which is celery, cabbage, nut and raisin with mayo. Quite nice with ham in a sandwich. I remember my mum used to buy it in M&S in the early 90s

Top Bottom