What's your plan for the Funeral Bank Holiday?

What's your plan for the funeral Bank Holiday?

• Attend funeral procession in person

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Watch it on the telly

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Go for a ride

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Other leisure activity

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • Work

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Childcare / other caring duties

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Chores

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Bike ride seems favourite to me.

Petrichorwheels

I'm heading down to London fairly early and driving to Kilburn(ish) then as close as I can get on the Brommie to anything that's happening.

I checked train tickets from Hamtun and got quoted nearly £70. Normally, that return will cost me about half that!

👑

describe your brommie to me (colour) - will say Hi if I see you.
As I too will be on the bike (so tick-box survey doesn't work - they rarely do) around but not exactly at the funeral - chances of getting a view are minimal I reckon unless you turn up really early.
Am essentially a republican, been so since childhood really, and always found something else to do when the Queens Christmas message was on (as a kid just delayed the start of A Hard Days Night) but I respected the queen.

RIP.
I think it important at events like these (and that can include all sorts of stuff including demos) to bear witness to history and see what your country is up to.
Was round the Mall and Buck House on Friday on the bike - never seen the Mall so crowded (was still open), crowds of folk, a general air of calm and respect, lots of flowers at the palace and in green park - saw some folk walking away with flowers - maybe given up on getting to the palace.
Was also around there early Monday evening - saw what I took to be the possessions of the woman who had got in early for the lying in state queue at the south side of Lambeth Bridge, one woman was already sat on the Mall with lots of gubbins waiting for I assumed the funeral a week later. Saw a fair few folk having their pics taken at the gathering though - thankfully - I don't recall seeing a single person taking a selfie, not a fish-pout in sight.

Petrichorwheels

• Morning long ride
  • Cook squid curry with 2 minute instant Basmati rice for lunch (long while since I had it)
  • Watch the proceedings on telly
  • At the same time surf the net for online news from around the World
  • Catch up on online forums including CC
  • A single malt while re-reading The Match of Folly by Barbara Tuchman (1984)

I understand CC is closing for the day.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
describe your brommie to me (colour) - will say Hi if I see you.
As I too will be on the bike (so tick-box survey doesn't work - they rarely do) around but not exactly at the funeral - chances of getting a view are minimal I reckon unless you turn up really early.
Am essentially a republican, been so since childhood really, and always found something else to do when the Queens Christmas message was on (as a kid just delayed the start of A Hard Days Night) but I respected the queen.

RIP.
I think it important at events like these (and that can include all sorts of stuff including demos) to bear witness to history and see what your country is up to.
Was round the Mall and Buck House on Friday on the bike - never seen the Mall so crowded (was still open), crowds of folk, a general air of calm and respect, lots of flowers at the palace and in green park - saw some folk walking away with flowers - maybe given up on getting to the palace.
Was also around there early Monday evening - saw what I took to be the possessions of the woman who had got in early for the lying in state queue at the south side of Lambeth Bridge, one woman was already sat on the Mall with lots of gubbins waiting for I assumed the funeral a week later. Saw a fair few folk having their pics taken at the gathering though - thankfully - I don't recall seeing a single person taking a selfie, not a fish-pout in sight.

I'll be on my Black S6L. Probably a white helmet.
Not sure of garb, yet it depends on the weather.

Alex321

Veteran
Depends on what "the boss" has planned that she hasn't told me about yet.

I won't be watching any of it - I just find that sort of thing boring.

I will certainly get out for a ride at some point, how long will depend on the above.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Voted other leisure, though actually have 'no plans', this would be a better option?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Work only confirmed today, so we'll stay a day longer at the caravan, and come back with 'hopefully' empty roads. Bike ride Mon morn if it's not hissing it down.

Bins not getting emptied, that's a trip for me. :whistle:

Exlaser2

Veteran
Well, I got that pic off Google, so that means if you recognise it you are also a Mail reader :laugh:
BTW explains what exactly?

Err no. Please don’t insult me by using my name in conjunction with the Daily Fail.
If you do not understand my comment already , there is nothing I can say to enlighten you . Other people have understood my comment and that’s all that matters. 😀

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'll be on a long-standing date with a small Greek island. I have no idea if our hovel has a telly, but, given the nationality of our late Queen's late husband, I think the local bars will probably show footage from Blighty. We'll be watching, but not wearing football strip, singing out of tune, or throwing bar chairs around.

Top Bottom