When's everyone having their hols?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And where are you going?

I have a week sometime/somewhere July/Aug/Sept, although my work year finishes in October (I think), then I plan on bumming around somewhere hot and cheap for 3-4 months until March next year.

Want to get some cycling in, plus a bike mechanic's course, a bit of skiing, and maybe Chrimbo in England.

What you lot up to?

:wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just had 2 weeks in Menorca, Cala Galdana - fantastic beach and stuff - with my family - just chilled out for two weeks doing beach and pool....no bikes for once...oh was I itching to get out when I got home................

longers

Legendary Member
I should have had this last week off but cancelled it due to busyness at work. Got two weeks now in July, I'm not going anywhere that I can't get to by bike.

Planning on riding to Melmerby, Braithwaite and Carnforth so far and doing ColinJ's FoB ride too.

I took no annual leave this year until June. I had a conference in Crete, and so stayed on a week there. It was lovely. I'm off to Sutherland for a week wilderness camping and hiking with the other half. In August I'm riding a lejog for a couple of weeks, and in September I'm riding in the outer hebrides with some friends for a week. Might seem a lot but I've earned it this year.

Peter

I've taken too much annual leave this year - but who cares. Off to Cyprus in August.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'm not getting any hols as such. I will be working allthe way through for as many days as I can. The only time I will take off is when my God-daughters come and stay and I will then take a week out to spend with them. Looking after two early teen girls will be the hardest work I will be doing all year.

Ten days back in Germany with the parents at the end of August - only holiday I can afford, as I only have to pay the flight. Will be nice to see them again, it's been about 2.5 years, but 10 days is also the maximum I can cope with....

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Noodley said:
Dayvo, you planning on a spot of cat burgling? :biggrin:

I'm not leaving my house, ever...

Er, cat(fish) burgling, you mean! :biggrin::evil:

I'm lucky that I have (for once) a well-paid job, free accommodation and low overheads. It's cheaper not to work in the winter months (away from the golf course when it's closed, and trying to find something unsuitable, badly paid, and the gloominess of the long dark winter months) and galavant around Asia. If I could get to Australia and work on a course there, then I would, but my age/the bureaucrats is against me.
I'm happy to work as long as I enjoy it and I can get by financially.

Er, what was your address, Noodley? I can, er, um, send you a postcard! :biggrin:

Top Bottom