Where's Cav Going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I don't like it , hope I'm wrong but can't see it ending well

Is it just a one year deal ?

Me too. As I've said all along, I'm just not convinced. I don't blame Cav though, if nothing else the money makes it worth it.

Maybe Wiggins is lined up for the Giro next year so he can hit the Olympics in form but he is on record as saying he wanted to win both the Olympics and the TdF

What? Cav, Sky. Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, never saw that coming :whistle: :biggrin:

moxey

I'm glad it's finally sorted and the speculation is over.
Looking forward to seeing how next season is going to pan out.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Wiggins/Froome for TdF GC; Cav for TdF - going for the sprint stages, maybe not the Green jersey and really going for the Olympics ?

..... or is the Green jersey worth more to him (Cav) than the Olympics ?

[bearing in mind that Cav was the only member of the men's track team in Beijing not to come away with a medal]

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Cav is now experienced enough not to need as much team support to the Green jersey. It could still work and I bet Wiggins or Froome get the Yellow.

Keith Oates

Janner
It will be an interesting year ahead to see what has been planned and what actually transpires. I suspect that Sky would rather go for the Yellow than the Green so that could be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
That's what I see. Cav may not even finish the Tour.

Wot the rainbow jersey abandons Tdf voluntarily? Sky throwing £millions at him just for a few initial stages without aiming for the Green and the Grand Finale on Champs-Elysees?

While it may not be a bad strategy to have more than a one string to the bow, Sky will clearly have to assess what is their chance of winning the GC versus the green. The danger is to fall between two stools.

On the other hand, one of the reasons why some teams underperformed this year was because they did not have a train up front and got caught in crashes on flat stages. So may be it is not either or, perhaps being the protected lead out man on flat stages will actually help Wiggo's or Froome's GC ambition? The key question then is whether the rest of the team is strong enough to carry them against the competition.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think the green and yellow jersey stuff is hogwash. It's one or the other, and my money is still on green. To get that you need a strong team to chase down escapes, and Eisel is clearly part of that team.

Not a good move imho, too many big heids at sky and will make the uk cycling weekly even worse to read now, already seems sponsored by sky as it is.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think the green and yellow jersey stuff is hogwash. It's one or the other, and my money is still on green. To get that you need a strong team to chase down escapes, and Eisel is clearly part of that team.

I don't think so. The next TdF is probably Sky's best chance of a win, given the parcours and the quality of Wiggins and Froome at the moment.

FWIW, I think that they'll try to go for both with a few of all rounders to help both the GC and the sprint chases with a few climbers.

EBH, GT can do both jobs for instance.

Once you're in the big hills the assistance that a climber can give to a team leader is limited.

oldroadman

Veteran
All negatives, just unbelieveable! We have one of the top ranked teams in the world, a world champion on it, podium finishes at TdF, green jersey at TdF, and all that happens is people moan and make stupid, uninformed comments about "big heads". No idea....
Wind back 15 years - or more - and there were very few Brits in the pro peloton, not a chance of a proper pro team (forget McCartney and ANC, just chancers and dodgy top people looking for a con/fast buck) in the top level, no champions. Then where we are now. I know quite a few old riders who would have done anything for a chance at that level in a British team.

You can't seem to do right for doing wrong, management simply has to step up to the challenge of what they do with a wealth of talent and ability. And the management of the team - some of whom I know - have ability to do that it spades.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
All negatives, just unbelieveable! We have one of the top ranked teams in the world, a world champion on it, podium finishes at TdF, green jersey at TdF, and all that happens is people moan and make stupid, uninformed comments about "big heads". No idea....
Wind back 15 years - or more - and there were very few Brits in the pro peloton, not a chance of a proper pro team (forget McCartney and ANC, just chancers and dodgy top people looking for a con/fast buck) in the top level, no champions. Then where we are now. I know quite a few old riders who would have done anything for a chance at that level in a British team.

You can't seem to do right for doing wrong, management simply has to step up to the challenge of what they do with a wealth of talent and ability. And the management of the team - some of whom I know - have ability to do that it spades.

I agree. There's a whole lot of crap being spouted here.

Top Bottom