Where's Cav Going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well it definitely will be somewhere other than HTC...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/htc-highroad-disbands-after-failed-sponsor-search

OP
OP
Chris.IOW

Chris.IOW

Damn, that's such a shame. I'm going to miss that train. Could be interesting to see where he ends up now.

I'm still thinking it will be somewhere other than Sky. But could well be very wrong!!

Mac66

Cav for Euskaltel! I'll get my coat.

On a more serious note I can't see Eddy or Ben being too happy at Sky if Cav has signed. Without the best leadout, the gorilla is likely to stamp on Cav. So will Sky sponsor the train?

tigger

Über Member
Hmmm... the money has to be on Sky for me, would be cool but also I agree with everyones reservations here. Otherwise Garmin Cevelo ?? Would make sense as they are also quite stage win orientated and they must know by now that Farrar is ordinary and Hushovd is having to turn into more of a classic rider with age. Otherwise, how about Lampre given Ali Jet is past it?

Just a shame they couldn't keep THR going, that road have been the best option to me...

VamP

Banned
Do we really think anyone (Sky included) is going to stump up top dollar for the world's best sprinter, and then not provide him with a train?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Do we really think anyone (Sky included) is going to stump up top dollar for the world's best sprinter, and then not provide him with a train?

Sky's stated objective, right from the beginning, was to win THE Tour outright within 5 years. Giving Cav a train is never going to progress that.

Of course, Sky could easily change its stated strategic objective. But then it will also have to go back on its words to various recruits already under contract.

It is going to be a messy business.

Rykard

Veteran
Sky's stated objective, right from the beginning, was to win THE Tour outright within 5 years. Giving Cav a train is never going to progress that.

Of course, Sky could easily change its stated strategic objective. But then it will also have to go back on its words to various recruits already under contract.

It is going to be a messy business.
Only messy if he's going to Sky..

monnet

Guru
Hmmm, that quote on his website sounds identical to what he said on the radio before the story broke. Presumably the decision he'd made prior to the HTC collapse was to leave HTC regardless. Sky seems such a bad fit. I like the idea of Garmin - although I'm not sure how Tyler Farrar would feel about that.

Given semi-national squads are all the rage these days, I reckon he should use his fame and influence and set up his own Team Manx.

Top Bottom