Which ISP?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
alecstilleyedye said:
they're doing an offer at the minute for all channels (inc sky sports and movies), 20mb broadband, a v+ box, a secondary box and unlimited free calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers for £88. we have just taken that up, having had a bill for £108 for fewer services due to daughter phoning her friends a hundred times a night.

That's nonsense. It's a permanent offer, always has been since the company merged and not long after. Moreover it seems to have unfortunately gone up by a quid or two of late. You can fiddle with bundles to get a similar but slower broadband, no second box etc for the £60-79 price range.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
This business about it being an offer at the moment. It's called VIP and it has nearly always existed. There are various solutions to get the bill below £108. The problem is that Virgin Media's bottom phone package is a complete rip off. VM don't like telling people about bundles or ones that include higher tier phone as the lowest telephone tier is the most profitable part of their business. So you're getting movies and sports, something they make no money on and moving away from something that made them a lot of profit.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Be are good.

I'm on the Be Unlimited 24Mb package. My only quibble is that they said I'd get 19Mb rather than the 24Mb because of where I am in relation to the exchange. I'm only actually getting 9Mb, despite a lot of help so far.

Next time I get a day off I'll have to get on the phone to them as they've exhausted the email help route and will need to talk to me.

Still, freephone helpdesk and if you raise an email help ticket they respond within a day (if not hours). Big community forum for further help, and there's also a Be Users Group, full of even more tech experts than you can shake a stick at.

Batzman

goo_mason said:
Be are good.

I'm on the Be Unlimited 24Mb package. My only quibble is that they said I'd get 19Mb rather than the 24Mb because of where I am in relation to the exchange. I'm only actually getting 9Mb, despite a lot of help so far.

Next time I get a day off I'll have to get on the phone to them as they've exhausted the email help route and will need to talk to me.

Still, freephone helpdesk and if you raise an email help ticket they respond within a day (if not hours). Big community forum for further help, and there's also a Be Users Group, full of even more tech experts than you can shake a stick at.

Yeah, me too. I live across the road from the exchange, and I get 15 down/1 up. I guess it's one of those adsl2 quirks. (or there's a GIANT coil of cable somewhere in between me and the exchange...

JamesAC

Hairy Jock said:
I have been thinking about a change and from what I have seen Zen Internet is the best choice, hard to find anyone with a bad word about it, which is a lot more than you can say for BT or most of the others....
+1

The only probs have been when the BT line failed. On these occasions, ZEN support was really on the ball and supportive.

Cheers

James

Hairy Jock said:
I have been thinking about a change and from what I have seen Zen Internet is the best choice, hard to find anyone with a bad word about it, which is a lot more than you can say for BT or most of the others....

Another Zen user here and I have to say that it's because of their service and reliability I'm still with them. They've made every request painless and hastle free.

Top Bottom