Whitley Bay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Wind chill nearly killed me when i was up there visiting relatives over the weekend, Raynauds did not help as my hands were white after 5 minutes on the beach front and i saw cyclists in shorts + fingerless gloves , WTF !!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Wind chill nearly killed me when i was up there visiting relatives over the weekend, Raynauds did not help as my hands were white after 5 minutes on the beach front and i saw cyclists in shorts + fingerless gloves , WTF !!

You want to be in the Bigg Market in Newcastle midwinter and see the state of undress of the lasses as they totter from bar to bar. The lads at least make a concession to the cold by wearing long trousers with their t-shirts.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Last night was pretty chilly and i sit here today with 4 layers on still shivering. It's just time to say goodbye to summer...

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I stayed there a couple of years back after riding the C2C My first impression was not good as I rode in past the Bingo hall that was once a cinema and even that was boarded up. My mate and I won the local pub quiz that night as it was the only place to go, and then got into a fight with a drunk Sunderland FC fan who was then thrown out of the pub. My mate did get chatted up by a lovely looking girl though, so all was not so bad.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You want to be in the Bigg Market in Newcastle midwinter and see the state of undress of the lasses as they totter from bar to bar. The lads at least make a concession to the cold by wearing long trousers with their t-shirts.
The Bigg Market is so not the place to be seen, get yourself to Osborne Road in Jesmond.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3291909, member: 45"]Girl it looks so pretty to me, like it always did. Like the Spanish City to me, when we were kids.[/QUOTE]

Dire.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Shamelessly stolen from the interwebs:

The Geordie Thermometer

10 degrees - Southerners turn on the heating; Geordies plant gardens.
4 degrees - Southerners shiver uncontrollably; Geordies sunbathe.
1 degree - Southern cars won't start; Geordies drive their cars with the window down.
-6 degrees - Southerners wear coats, gloves and wool hats; Geordie men throw on a t-shirt and women wear mini-skirts instead of bikinis.
-10 degrees - Southern landlords turn up the heating; Geordies have the last BBQ before it gets cold.
-17 degrees - Southerners begin to evacuate; Geordies go swimming in the North Sea.
-25 degrees - Southerners cease to exist; Geordies throw on a lightweight jacket.
-60 degrees - Polar bears wonder if its worth it; Geordie boy scouts start wearing long trousers.
-75 degrees - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole; Geordies put on their long johns.
-113 degrees - Alcohol freezes; Geordies become frustrated because the pubs are shut.
-182 degrees - Microbial life starts to disappear; the cows on the Town Moor complain of farmers with cold hands.
-273 degrees - All atomic motion stops; Geordies start to stamp on the ground and blow on their hands.
-295 degrees - Hell freezes over; Sunderland qualify for Europe.

AndyRM

XOXO

The Geordie Thermometer

1 degree - Southern cars won't start; Geordies drive their cars with the window down.
-6 degrees - Southerners wear coats, gloves and wool hats; Geordie men throw on a t-shirt and women wear mini-skirts instead of bikinis.
-10 degrees - Southern landlords turn up the heating; Geordies have the last BBQ before it gets cold.
-17 degrees - Southerners begin to evacuate; Geordies go swimming in the North Sea.
-25 degrees - Southerners cease to exist; Geordies throw on a lightweight jacket.
-60 degrees - Polar bears wonder if its worth it; Geordie boy scouts start wearing long trousers.
-75 degrees - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole; Geordies put on their long johns.
-113 degrees - Alcohol freezes; Geordies become frustrated because the pubs are shut.
-182 degrees - Microbial life starts to disappear; the cows on the Town Moor complain of farmers with cold hands.
-273 degrees - All atomic motion stops; Geordies start to stamp on the ground and blow on their hands.
-295 degrees - Hell freezes over; Sunderland qualify for Europe.

Accurate until -295. That will never happen.

The Geordie Thermometer

-295 degrees - Hell freezes over; Sunderland qualify for Europe. Scots put on a vest and start supporting the England Team

Added another quote

AndyRM

XOXO
94c06e0297b5eb678c844459f7476a82.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3292146, member: 45"]I'll have you know, that was the inspirational music of my youth. Yours was probably the Osmonds or summat.[/QUOTE]

Don't love me for fun, Mr Paul, let me be the one, Mr Paul, love me for a reason, let the reason be love. :wub:

Top Bottom