Who heard Vernon on t'radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'd have listened if I'd known it was on.

Having read Vernon's posts it feels like I've met him *

* I did think I'd seen him once in N. Leeds but it turns out it wasn't him, despite the call of "hello Vernon" and the wave at me as a response.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
I'd have listened if I'd known it was on.

Having read Vernon's posts it feels like I've met him *

* I did think I'd seen him once in N. Leeds but it turns out it wasn't him, despite the call of "hello Vernon" and the wave at me as a response.
Yeah, it was pure fluke. Had radio on, bimbling round house doin' chores. Just by the radio when I heard, "Woodrup Cycles", then, "Vernon". Couldn't quite believe it.
And I agree with you; Vernon's posts on here are always interesting, if not very amusing. Respect.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The bit about cycling starts at 18.30, Vernon's bit is at 24.30.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've not heard the program yet because my lunch break at the tabernacle of enlightenment doesn't coincide with the broadcast time. I was interviewed last Monday. The interviewer wasn't really tuned into cycling and asked some strange questions that revealed his ignorance of the subject being covered. That said he was a nice chap. We had celebratory pies after he left.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My wife has just challenged me about the bike that I said that I fancied but was too porky to ride at the end of the bike item on the broadcast. She was most anxious that I wasn't on an acquisition mission. It took some effort to convince her that Levy Towers was not about to become host to two Woodrups.

This is the bike in question. A belt drive fixed wheel large object of desire. Leeds being hilly and me being porky guarantees its status as an aspirational acquisition for the foreseeable future.

Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 22.36.09.png

Top Bottom