Who's riding Christmas Day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I'd have been out today (and yesterday)... if I'd remembered to bring my shorts. I remembered everything else. Bother. Still, at least the bike has had a trip in the car up the M5.

snorri

Legendary Member
A beautiful day from dawn until dusk, but frosty at sea level with puddles frozen over so side roads on higher ground best avoided. Had a long walk instead.:smile:

Thanks to the weather rolling through the Cheshire Gap we didn't get out until well after 11am at which time the rain had abated to a gentle drizzle but with blue sky approaching. Headed north, through Knutsford and looped back round to Holmes Chapel. Unfortunately our time was cut short because of some sort of meal connected with this day, so just 32 miles on fixed. We saw very few cyclists, one of which we rode with for a few miles and another who was in shorts.
Flat roads and clear skies, our short term riding companion from Macclesfield Wheelers,
FCDC2535-1470-4255-A5AC-E881F5C99C71_zpsyncvyuic.jpg

At least we had an appetite when we got back. Wonderful meal best thing about it was that all the vegetables were from our allotment. Just the Christmas cake to go :hungry:

Gixxerman

Guru
I did a nice 35 mile off-road ride in my beloved lincolnshire wolds. Harder than expected as the ground was very heavy. Had to stop a few times to scrape the mud off my tyres. Was quite warm for the time of year. Here a few piccies. The golf ball is the Claxby radar tower which is part of the NATS network.

Attachments

• Wolds Ride Christmas 2014 1 small.jpg
    Wolds Ride Christmas 2014 1 small.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Wolds Ride Christmas 2014 2 small.jpg
    Wolds Ride Christmas 2014 2 small.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Wolds Ride Christmas 2014 3 small.jpg
    Wolds Ride Christmas 2014 3 small.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 42
Got out afterall, went along the coast and when it warmed up I came back inland and via hills. The smaller transition road in between was a wee bit dodgy/ icy. Tiok it very easy for the 35miles so as not to stress my thigh. Supposed to be going out for a ride tomorrow with the club but its freezing fog so I might have to pass!

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Did a quick 14 miles in the morning which was nice.
What was even nicer was that it was my first time on the road bike for 18 Months! Couldn't believe just how smooth, effortless (sort of) and quiet it was compared to the knobbly-shod MTB.
A couple of idiot drivers out unfortunately, the milk of human kindness seemed sour even on Xmas day but nothing spoiled that run out for me :smile:

Anyway, quick snap from my chilly Tour de Sheppey

IMAG1115_zpsufq7vpom.jpg

Katherine

Guru
Managed about 2 miles,Had to stop due to a crushing chest pain,took myself off to
A&E,Had an EMCG,blood tests and an X-Ray all came back negative,they're best
guess was cold air and overexertion,I've had better Xmas Days :rolleyes:
Oh dear! Glad you're ok. It was a good idea to get checked out though.

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
You're putting me to shame! Didn't get out Christmas Eve - thought it more important to put in the new kitchen sink so we had running water in there for Christmas. Couldn't get out on Christmas Day either - youngest daughter out of bed at 2, 3, 5.30 and 6, and then plenty of tidying to do between present opening and family arriving for dinner.
Didn't get out today either - simply to much family stuff to be done. Was hard enough to find an hour to get the dogs out.

Tomorrow the weather looks reasonable in the afternoon so fitting my new grips and stealth GPS unit in the morning and hopefully will get in a 15 - 20. I might also get my daughters ( yes both) to do a short ride as they have both been sat in front of the box all day.

Top Bottom