Why did no one warm me about....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookie32

I'll have to take a pass I was born with a year round tan, but I would be very cross with everyone else lmao.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Well, if you dressed as a respectable young lady should while out cycling it wouldn't have happened, you shameless hussy -

lady-cycle-straw.jpg

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
A month ago - on a sunny day here in Embra (yes, we did have 1 :smile: ... but only 1 thus far this 'summer' :sad:) I did a nice long 'bent ride and discovered not only tan lines but 'bent tan lines - those bits on the inside of my elbows where the bend prevents the sun from tanning. :ohmy:

byegad

Legendary Member
Yes but the back of your legs and that crease where your knee bends aren't burnt! I used to hate that!

starhawk

So OK, why did not a single one of you recumbent (trike to 2 wheelers) warn me about parts of me that don't normally see daylight getting sunburnt!

From my thumb along the inside of my arm to the inside of my elbow... its sunburnt! not a single one of you mentioned that risk!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes, on my first long tour this summer I got burned the way you described, on the left hand! the right hand got burned on the topside because the "throttle" to the e-assist sits on a barend at the right hand side of the trike. The rest of my arms was protected by my jersey.

Top Bottom