Why having more then one bike is bad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Well this is the problem. The worst problem of all. The problem i dont think can be solved.
hich bike to ride:wacko: Or, which bike to take on holiday:wacko: The fixed is done and i'm loving to ride it, so do i take that? The Giant i always love to ride, but its always flat out. But, i dont want my fitness to go down too much over the 2 weeks, so do i take the Giant and just go powering around in my spare time, or take the fixed and go spinning around in the spare time? Would my fitness drop if i were to take the fixed?
I'm not sure, when i took the fixed up a short-ish hill my thighs got that burning feeling, it was lovely. If i was on the Giant i would of beensitting down spinning.
Is Belgium hilly? We are going to Holland which i know is flat, so it would be spinning and most effort put in when theres a head wind, but never been to Belgium. The area in France, Aimmens(spelling) is at a slightly hilly section, so would be fine with the fixed.
This is one of the biggest things against more then one bike:wacko: If you just have one, you are happy to ride that one, but with two, you want to ride both.
Oh and in Belgium, if there is a cycle lane do you have to be in it, orcan you just ride on the road. Same question but with Holland, i stayed on them last time and know they are good.
Help?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
There is only 1 way to decide this, giant HEADS, fixed TAILS

Arch

Married to Night Train
A friend once patronisingly guffawed and asked why I needed two bikes when told I'd had another for my birthday. I asked why she needed to have spent the extra £150k on moving into the bigger house they had just bought, when the last one was fine. She didn't get it.

My sister, when I got my third bike, asked why I needed 3 when I only had one arse. I pointed out that she only had one pair of feet, but it didn't stop her buying new shoes. She had the grace to see the point straight away:biggrin:

Joe, I know your dilemma - and I've had to choose between bikes that aren't even as different as your fixie and the SCR. Toss a coin, and promise whichever bike loses, you'll take it next time.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Anyone fancy flipping a coin for me then? Just to make it fairer;)
Landslide, maybe you should hide some shoes then say your thinking of getting a new bike and do the shoe comment. She will never notice:becool:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

So it is 2 votes for the Giant then.
Giant is it then.
:tongue:
Or was it fixed heads, giant tails?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Joe24 said:
So it is 2 votes for the Giant then.
Giant is it then.
:smile:
Or was it fixed heads, giant tails?

You have a fixed head and a giant tail ? Hope you have a decent saddle :tongue:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

I think its th fixed. Maybe it was a sign but i went to go out on it this evening and it had a puncture. I was thinking, well i'll take the fixed if the coins are saying so, and the fixed had a puncture. Took me ages to change it aswell.:becool:
I ended up putting the Giant front wheel in and going out with that. But i can now skid stop without using brakes which i loved doing. Need to stop it though, back tyre will be shot soon.
It was Kendas, but it was 2 snake skin punctures not something sticking through it.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Going for the Giant because when its flat it means i can push a bigger gear. Dont think its going to be too hilly, but i stil want to be going at a good speed on the flat and not just spinning.

snorri

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
The worst problem of all. The problem i dont think can be solved. Same question but with Holland, i stayed on them last time and know they are good.
Help?
A simple problem to resolve, you take the bike which has the fittings to carry front and rear panniers, a bar bag and of course lights and mudguards.:sad:
For the second part the answer is yes.

Top Bottom