Wiggins is now pro-compulsion it seems .... Nobber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
No tin foil hat?
You think it's his hair in the Avatar?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
No tin foil hat?
Ok then ....

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Licramite

Über Member
If someone develops a helmet that is proven beyond reasonable doubt to prevent serious injury or death in the event of severe impact, then ill agree completely.

Until then, let the people decide.

Forcing children to wear plastic hats when they ride a bike is like forcing them to smoke. It's abuse. It means the child is much more likely to have an impact which rotates their head and snaps their spinal cord.

your having a laugh arn't you.
or do you really really beleive that.

better check out your car mate (assuming you can get of your goldfish bowl) - airbags kill , so do seat belts.

No, airbags and seatbelts don't kill. Your "advice" on cycling is absurd, dangerous, and runs counter to all official guidance. In short you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

screenman

Legendary Member
Do you wear knee and elbow guards? Shoulder and hip padding?

No because I can easily cover them and not look such a mess when going about my business. I do always wears gloves, which as you know offer a little skin protection. I wear both through choice, and choice is something we should all have in my opinion.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
No. The words "much more" are over egging it.
I know, I was kinda hoping Glen might answer although I wasn't holding my breath, he appears to have selective reading.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
He's also of the "Post-and-run" stable, where he posts nasty, spiteful stuff about posters getting killed, then disappears, as he seems to have done here.
Sounds like you forger, total ignore a straight question and post nasty, spiteful stuff fantasising about the deaths of other posters daughters, in fairness you did used to follow him round repeating it though didn't you?

For the 57 cm headform, which fitted more snugly than the 54 cm headform, rotational accelerations from the oblique impact test averaged 13,500 rad/s², a level expected to produce a 35-50% risk of serious AIS3+ brain injury, higher than predicted for a non-helmeted head. Report PPR213 adds: “For rotational accelerations the research shows that concussion, AIS 1-2, can occur at 5,000 rad/s² and fatal injury AIS 5-6 at 10,000 rad/s². This correlates with data from the same research that indicates there is a 35% risk of a brain injury of AIS 3-6 at 10,000 rad/s².”

Tests using crash dummies produced even more horrific results. Dummies in bicycle helmets had average rotational accelerations of 58,000 rad/s² (six times the threshold for potentially fatal brain damage) in tests simulating going over the handlebars at 45 km/hr. Motorbike helmets performed much better, producing only half the rotational accelerations measured for dummies wearing bicycle helmets (Corner, Whitney, O'Rourke and Morgan, 1987).

http://www.cyclehelmets.org/1182.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom