Wii

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Lego games are fun - fair few 'comical' bits in them. Not got a Wii but have most of the Lego games on the PSP and PC...

Were off to my brothers later to play on his Wii - and the new Star Wars Game !

col

Legendary Member
The wii fit is good fun,and the sports are too,i like the golf mlml loves the tennis,my son is into the bowling.The fit keeps track of your progress and wieght so you can see how your doing,there is running games too where you place the handset in your pocket or just hold it,and you have to jog on the spot to get moving,oh and i love the ski jumping too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can confirm the Wii is a fantastic bit of kit - yeh graphics aren't 360/PS3 or even PC standard, but it's fun.......

There is also a new addon coming for the controller making it very accurate, and a new Sports game.... My bro has spent a fortune on his recently.....linked up to my folks mahoosive TV.... great......

The Wii fit is interesting - the skiing and Yoga....crazy.....

Just fooked my knee up doing the running/jogging....hopefully temporary.....

Despite limited specs, the 'interaction' is far better than any other console..... certainly very 'playable'..... and the running does get the heart going.....

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Thanks for all the help here and from PMs.

Got my hands on a good deal today. And I have a list of games to distribute to relatives as well.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

marinyork said:
Have fun. What games did you get in the end?

Sonic and Mario Olympics
Some game with maracas (and the add-on maracas) which sounded like fun
Shreck 3
Pirates of the Caribbean

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Mmmm different. I only played a demo of Shrek 3 and I can't remember on which platform. **Wonders about the wisdom of Maracas and children (but only for a second)** Don't forget to use the wrist straps :tongue: (no seriously).

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

marinyork said:
Mmmm different. I only played a demo of Shrek 3 and I can't remember on which platform. **Wonders about the wisdom of Maracas and children (but only for a second)** Don't forget to use the wrist straps :tongue: (no seriously).

The maracas game looks great, but probably more need of straps for me :biggrin:

My kids like Pirates and Shreck so I hope they'll like the games.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think that's the beauty of the Wii. If I was a kid I think I'd have liked the Nights game quite a bit but as an adult it ended up a bit disappointing (although one of the best games visually on the Wii).

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

marinyork said:
I think that's the beauty of the Wii. If I was a kid I think I'd have liked the Nights game quite a bit but as an adult it ended up a bit disappointing (although one of the best games visually on the Wii).

I saw loads of games which I thought I would like, but then I had to think like a 12 year old and a 6 year old (surprisingly easy for me to do! ;):blush:) and what would appeal to them.

I'll also get Indiana Jones Lego I think, but will wait for another pay day.

col

Legendary Member
Another thing i found i liked about the wii games is that i can actually play and last longer than five seconds,iv tried my sons 360 and dont last long before im killed,but the wii is not as complex with the control functions,and im actually enjoying playing it.

Mr Pig

col said:
Another thing is that I can actually play and last longer than five seconds

On that subject, one of the guys at work has a PS3 and doesn't rate it. He actually has a PS3, X box 360 and a Wii! No, he doesn't get out much ;0)

He says the games on the PS3 look great but are ridiculously short. He suspects they've put so much effort into the graphics they've not had the time to make as many levels etc as they used to.

Top Bottom