Wireless Printer for Home Use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
anyone have one they really like? we had an HP inkjet that worked well enough, for a while. don't need "photo quality" but color would be nice. color is probably not necessary. I've got a bullet proof B&W laser printer at work that I can find pre-owned (HP LaserJet P1006) which I highly recommend but Wifey wants wireless ...

scanning ability would be nice but with our phones & other cameras that's probably not necessary anymore

any suggestions would be appreciated :notworthy:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
We've got an HP on the HP 'Instant Ink' programme that does that stuff, and which orders its own ink at sensible cost. Fuss-free, which is just fine, prints OK too, and very well on photo paper.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve got an HP officejet pro printer also on instant ink. Had it about 6 years I think, although not a heavy user, it’s never let me down

Tenkaykev

Guru
Brother Colour Laser, takes generic refills. Wireless works very well, our daughter pops in to print things off and just prints her documents wirelessly from her phone. It does have it’s own drivers, but the generic ones on my MacBook work flawlessly.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
HP3720 - compact, reliable, colour, B&W, wireless, Bluetooth, scans, copies. Prints from phones, tablets, laptops without any problems. A nice little printer for ordinary domestic use.

Depends on your usage really. Ours is very light except for days such as yesterday when I did +/- 150 A4 pages for my cycle club AGM which it coped with quite easily.

Proto

Legendary Member
As above, Brother Laser here, but mono, had it maybe 5 years now. Decided clolour just not needed at home (we also have an excellent but little uses Canon scanner).

We've been very pleased with it, WiFi works perfectly, every time from desktop, laptop, pid, iPhone, from anywhere in the house. Wasn't cheap, but good quality. I'd buy the same again.

https://www.brother.co.uk/printers/laser-printers/hl-l6300dw

PS I always try to buy Brother products, their UK MD is a serious cycling nut, and they put a lot of money into the sport sponsoring teams and providing support vehicles for races.

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
I have a Canon MG5350. Separate ink tanks per colour, but I'm not sure how much benefit that actually gives in the long run. We've had it for several years now, and have paid much more for ink over those years than the printer cost originally.

Mike_P

Guru
HP laser, do not print much and was finding inkjets invariably having dried up cartridges. Worse was a Canon which despite my limited printing was actually emptying it's cartridges. Upon buying a replacement I set about dismantling it for any useful bits even if just the bolts and screws and came across all the ink floating around its inners :ohmy:

Buck

Guru
Our last Canon inkjet came up with an error = not repaitable for less than a new one!

We bought a Brother colour laser - Brother HL3210CW. I use it for printing when working from home so laser was better and colour wasn‘t much more expensive. We actually bought it from Argos as it was on some super offer at the time so made sense.

Good quality and takes compatible cartridges from Cartridge Save who we use at work amd have a good reput.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
After our very old HP Photosmart died, we went with a HP Officejet Pro 8024 on instant ink. Works great and you can print from anywhere to it. Scans double side too, so quite impressed. HP have been good, we "lost" a set of repacement ink, phoned them, explained, and they sent more. We know we had the ink, but still haven't found it.

Last edited:
Our last Canon inkjet came up with an error = not repaitable for less than a new one!

We bought a Brother colour laser - Brother HL3210CW. I use it for printing when working from home so laser was better and colour wasn‘t much more expensive. We actually bought it from Argos as it was on some super offer at the time so made sense.

Good quality and takes compatible cartridges from Cartridge Save who we use at work amd have a good reput.

thank you for the model #!

Top Bottom