Wish me fettling luck...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
...am about to undertake two of my least favourite fettles, indexing my gears and adjusting cantis.

Please send soothing vibes my way, it might just stop my blood pressure from going through the roof.

Adjusting Canti's I've never done but it strikes me they're a bit of a pain like some shockingly bad V-brakes I had (dia-Compe).

Indexing I've never had a problem with, just fiddle with the knurly thing until it stops making grunching noises. :wacko:

Deep breath, take mug of tea and favourite music, make logical plan in head and away you go......and keep Chuffy away (probably).

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm having a runnin battle to get my rear cantilevers balanced, not being helped by my using blocks from a different bike.:wacko:

Both jobs are trial and error, here's a cuppa and a tunnocks caramel bar to keep ya cool!:biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Oh, here you go Gerry Attrick.

Getting cantilevers to balance is a combination of patience, adjustment and re-adjustment of the cantilever springs and the return screw until it all sits straight.
I have had nothing but probs adjusting v-brakes which is why I put center pull brakes on the Roadrat.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
tdr1nka said:
Oh, here you go Gerry Attrick.

Getting cantilevers to balance is a combination of patience, adjustment and re-adjustment of the cantilever springs and the return screw until it all sits straight.
I have had nothing but probs adjusting v-brakes which is why I put center pull brakes on the Roadrat.
Yes, yes...but what about the Tunnock's wafer?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've had to replace a spoke for the first time ever. it's in and tight, but the wheel's still a bit wonky. not going to risk wrecking it, so it can go into the lbs when it goes for its new headset and back wheel tightening (two things i don't have the tools for).

Step away from the bike Baggy. Give yourself 10 minutes. Do something else, then come back to it. It wont make any difference but at least the bike will stay in one piece for 10 minutes more than it would've done. :wacko::evil:

Top Bottom