Work safe option installed

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I don't know whether it makes a difference, but the default time zone seems to be set to Monrovia and Rejkjavik rather than London and Dublin. This may explain some of the time problems people have noticed around summertime end.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I don't know whether it makes a difference, but the default time zone seems to be set to Monrovia and Rejkjavik rather than London and Dublin. This may explain some of the time problems people have noticed around summertime end.

They're actually the same time zone, so it won't have affected time for anyone (in a forum sense rather than a space-time continuum sense) - however I've updated them all so they are UK London now; all 15,049 of them ... he he :smile:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Bman

Guru
Cool, are the settings Computer specific?

As I would like some of the NSFW settings enabled on my work pc, but I wont want to re-select them every evening :smile:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Cool, are the settings Computer specific?

There seems to be an option to save them per-PC - I assume you give the current PC you are using a "friendly" name (in the box provided above the settings) and it will save and use them for that PC only.

Give it a go.

Bman

Guru
I posted my reply before I actually went to have a look at the options. You were too quick in your reply for me to edit my post in time :smile:

I can set the NSFW options for specific, multiple machines. Excellent. :thumbsup:

However, the main Cycle Chat logo is still there clear as day! Bit of a give-away I think :smile:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
However, the main Cycle Chat logo is still there clear as day! Bit of a give-away I think :smile:

That's not accounted for in the add-on - you'll just have to get speedy with the mouse scroll wheel or PG DN button ... ;)

Good job.

A few questions ...
  1. How do you find the name of your PC to put in the box?
  2. If you want to include more than one PC does the seperator need to be anything specific?
  3. Without an Avatar, what do you click on to see thier membercard?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Good job.

A few questions ...
  1. How do you find the name of your PC to put in the box?
  2. If you want to include more than one PC does the seperator need to be anything specific?
  3. Without an Avatar, what do you click on to see thier membercard?

1. I presume you put something that is meaningful to you "Works PC" or "Home laptop" or whatever
2. Not sure - it's not something I need to use. If you find out, let us know.
3. Click on the username to visit the profile page for the info (right-click and open in new tab to preserve any reply you've made in the page you're on).

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

1. I presume you put something that is meaningful to you "Works PC" or "Home laptop" or whatever

Ah! I see, I thought it needed the name by which a PC knows itself. I assume that this links the name we provide with the IP address you see at the server.

2. Not sure - it's not something I need to use. If you find out, let us know.

Looks like it is just one machine at a time. This may need updating on a daily basis if dynamic IP's or virtual machines are used.

Norm

Looks like it is just one machine at a time. This may need updating on a daily basis if dynamic IP's or virtual machines are used.
Are you sure that it's an IP thing? IMO, it's more likely, and more logically, a cookie thing because of the very issues you mention.

Are you sure that it's an IP thing? IMO, it's more likely, and more logically, a cookie thing because of the very issues you mention.

Could be, my knowledge of the internet, browsers, java, cookies etc is limited ... ask me a question about IBM mainframes and I would be more certain.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Could be, my knowledge of the internet, browsers, java, cookies etc is limited ... ask me a question about IBM mainframes and I would be more certain.
What's an error
"S99RC: 00000004 S99ERROR: 970C S99INFO: 0000 S99ERSN:000042CF" mean ?? Eh ?? Go on ! You said ask a question .... :thumbsup:

:rofl:

What's an error
"S99RC: 00000004 S99ERROR: 970C S99INFO: 0000 S99ERSN:000042CF" mean ?? Eh ?? Go on ! You said ask a question .... :thumbsup:

:rofl:

It looks like a problem with the SMS (Storage Management System). As to whether it is a read or write problem and what the root cause would be I would need to RTFM, but I know which M I need to FR.

Top Bottom