YAHOO - BABY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

http://212.58.226.75/1/hi/uk/8026668.stm

The UK is "odds on for a barbecue summer", with no repeat of the washouts of the last two years, according to Met Office forecasters.

Temperatures are likely to be warmer than average across the UK, topping 30C at times.

Rainfall should be "near or below average" for the three months of summer, the forecasters say.

However, they warn that heavy downpours cannot be ruled out.

Chief meteorologist at the Met Office, Ewen McCallum, said a repeat of the wet summers of 2007 and 2008 is unlikely.

"After two disappointingly wet summers the signs are much more promising this year," he said.

"We can expect times when temperatures will be above 30C, something we hardly saw at all last year."

= That means its gonna rain then...

gbb

Legendary Member
Hmmm...the forcasters said that about last years summer :ohmy::biggrin:

It was a long range forecast mind, made about December. better chance of them getting it right this time now the times closer.

God, i love the heat...bring it on.

gbb said:
Hmmm...the forcasters said that about last years summer :ohmy::biggrin:

It was a long range forecast mind, made about December. better chance of them getting it right this time now the times closer.

God, i love the heat...bring it on.

Last year's summer was in April, if I recall. There was this bright light in the sky for about 8 hours one day...

provided late july is good weather i'll be happy, not too hot tho, don't wanna roast in my suit ;)

U

User482

La nina is weaker this year, which generally correlates with a better summer in the UK.

Top Bottom