Yet another Lights thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcw

Not overkill but my choice would be one Vision1 and a good head light.

get two smart superflash, one on bike, the other on you/ bag. They are visible from more than far away enough for someone to avoid you, they are the little hooligans of the bike light world. I've got a smart 1W on the front and in flash mode it's offensive enough in a lit area. You'd want something wider for riding in unlit areas though.

get two smart superflash, one on bike, the other on you/ bag. They are visible from more than far away enough for someone to avoid you, they are the little hooligans of the bike light world. I've got a smart 1W on the front and in flash mode it's offensive enough in a lit area. You'd want something wider for riding in unlit areas though.

Yeah seems pointless to be seen from two miles away unless you are worried about aircraft...I think the superflash are very good...

Bright front lights are useful for activating the temporary lights at 3 in the morning although the best tactic is to wobble the beam at them to get them to wake up.

My Tesco and Cree lights do a great job.

OP
OP
Maizie

Maizie

Veteran
Ooooh, lots of responses, thank you! I have lots of options to look at now (will print this thread out tomorrow, then spend the weekend deciding and order on Monday...that way it goes on next month's credit card bill ;) )

My commute is through twisty country lanes so the idea (in my case) is to present a larger, lit shape (if that makes sense) rather than using very powerful lights and the helmet rear light may be visible over hedges etc before the bike lights are.
I like the idea of looking like something inexplicable. So drivers think "What's that, I'd better slow down and pass it wide whatever it is, oh, it's a cyclist". Of course, after the first couple of days the regulars will know who/what you are, move the lights around and be a new strange shape time :smile:

Top Bottom