YORK media materials

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
In recognition of Archers terrific media appearance(s), I think we ought to make York our 2nd media town, so

Post York media ideas here, anything that might be useful in order to make a local pilot cycling radio show like -
Radio/TV Station contacts
Production companies
Cycling Clubs
Council contacts
Shops
Celebrity folks who might get involved

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm flattered...

Well, I can tell you a few things York has - a cycle courier company (not just guys with bags, proper load carrying with trikes and 8-freights, a recycling scheme that uses a trike and trailer (alongside an electric van), a bike recycling scheme, the headquarters of Company of Cyclists and an internationally distributed special interest cycling magazine, Velo Vision - for which I now work! There are cycling clubs of course, although I don't really know about them. And City of York Council are developing a bid to become a ‘Cycling Demonstration Town/ City’, apparently.

Not sure about council contacts, I'm a bit rusty on that. Debate here suggests it may not be all that clear - and that York has a fair way to go to be perfect in terms of facilities etc....

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
York is also the home of anti-cyclist local nutter celeb extraordinaire Mike Usherwood and a very anti-cycling newspaper...

Top Bottom