York ride in June? **13th June ride to Pocklington**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
Joy o Joy, God must really be a Yorkshireman, I have the 13th and 14th, and also the 20th and 21st of June off work. Bring on them hills and the York show.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
There's a 62 mile(100k) route in this months cycling plus that starts out from: york to buttercrambe, malton, castle howard,easingwold,sutton park.

Apprently an 'expert' route, p164-165.

Can't find it on their website but plenty of others

http://www.bikeradar.com/routes/?sr...&region=null&is=&isnot=&run=listpaths&x=0&y=0

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
craigwend said:
There's a 62 mile(100k) route in this months cycling plus that starts out from: york to buttercrambe, malton, castle howard,easingwold,sutton park.

Apprently an 'expert' route, p164-165.

Can't find it on their website but plenty of others

http://www.bikeradar.com/routes/?sr...&region=null&is=&isnot=&run=listpaths&x=0&y=0

That sounds like a combo of the last two rides Phil led....

I suppose we need to decide a day, don't we? Am I right in thinking we have an either/or situation for the 13th/14th? (IE, some can do one, some the other....)

Danny

Legendary Member
Arch said:
That sounds like a combo of the last two rides Phil led....

I suppose we need to decide a day, don't we? Am I right in thinking we have an either/or situation for the 13th/14th? (IE, some can do one, some the other....)
I definitely cannot do 13 June - but suggest you go for the day most people can manage.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Afraid I can't make either day.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
hmm, a quick count suggests we are still in deadlock, with the same number unable to do one or the other on that weekend.

I will now make a random draw. <writes numbers on bits of paper, folds, drops on floor, picks one up>

The 13th it is.

I'm afraid that rules Danny out. Next time I hope. And maybe we'll save the Thixendale trip for when you can make it.

Ok, so who's up for Saturday the 13th? I'm thinking Pocklington as a lunch destination - there are several cafes there. Out via Stamford Bridge, then after Pocklington, crossing over the Hull road to come back via Elvington-ish, in a big loop. If the weather isn't awful I may get out for a recce this weekend, if not, I know the roads fairly well. I did this route a few weeks back and it worked out at 44 miles, all pretty flat, but we can always add detours if we feel fresh enough....

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm up for the 13th. Need to let me know if there are any serious hills though, so i can adjust my gears :biggrin:
The project bike will be making an appearance, so make sure you all turn up, it will be worth it :biggrin:

zacklaws

Guru
If the route is only from York to Pocklington and then looping back round and passing through Elvington then all that area is to the West of the wolds so it should be fairly flat.

Went out today for a quick 40 miles into the Wolds and it nearly killed me. First time out for almost a fortnight due to my Mother passing away and family commitments. Nunburnholme hill which I have only just managed to get up in one go, had me on the point of cracking and was virtually hooping my stomach up when I got to the top. Suprising how unfit you can become in such a short space of time.

May give the same route another go tommorow.

Shaun

Founder
Erm, sorry guys, I've just realised that 13th/14th is when the missus goes away with The Girls for a pampering weekend so won't be able to make it. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom