Your best ever music concert?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardfm

Veteran
Led Zeppelin, Knebworth Aug '79.

My friends Dad was a hard core rocker and was taking his lad, and knowing I was a keen student of the wailing guitar as well got my Mum to let me join them. With John Bonham's sad death the following year it turned out to be the last time the original line up played in the UK.

I like rock, I particularly like blues rock and hard rock so was in pre pubescent heaven. I spent several hours basking in the presence of four gods, each an undisputed master in their chosen field. I could have died straight after seeing them do Since I've been Loving You and would have gone to heaven a happy laddie. Indeed, me and my mate Damon (now sadly RIP) were wearing toxic kevels of patchouli oil so could well have spontaneously combusted at any moment.

I was there, both weekends

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
If it may count as a concert... I was young, foolish and an attendee at ~Bath Festival of Blues & Progressive Music~ the forerunner of Glastonbury. M Eaves was there and inspired.

So many bands playing.... So many memories...
Hard to say who was the best there as sound quality wasn't too good in those days and proper light shows weren't invented!

Playing were, amongst others, we're Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Hot Tuna, Country Joe McDonald, Colosseum, the Byrds (acoustic set), Dr. John (acoustic set), Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention, Canned Heat, It’s a Beautiful Day, Steppenwolf, Johnny Winter, John Mayall with Peter Green, Fairport Convention, Keef Hartley, plus others.
E&OE

Friday night until Sunday afternoon, a bit damp (in true festival tradition) facilities dire, occasionally food & clean water.
Due to certain substances (allegedly) I have no memory of the Floyd set 😔

richardfm

Veteran
If it may count as a concert... I was young, foolish and an attendee at ~Bath Festival of Blues & Progressive Music~ the forerunner of Glastonbury. M Eaves was there and inspired.

So many bands playing.... So many memories...
Hard to say who was the best there as sound quality wasn't too good in those days and proper light shows weren't invented!

Playing were, amongst others, we're Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Hot Tuna, Country Joe McDonald, Colosseum, the Byrds (acoustic set), Dr. John (acoustic set), Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention, Canned Heat, It’s a Beautiful Day, Steppenwolf, Johnny Winter, John Mayall with Peter Green, Fairport Convention, Keef Hartley, plus others.
E&OE

Friday night until Sunday afternoon, a bit damp (in true festival tradition) facilities dire, occasionally food & clean water.
Due to certain substances (allegedly) I have no memory of the Floyd set 😔

I saw a poster for that on the internet a few years ago. Although I wasn't there I have seen many of the bands since. It must have been a great occasion

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I saw a poster for that on the internet a few years ago. Although I wasn't there I have seen many of the bands since. It must have been a great occasion

Screenshot_20230618-092832~2.png

Screenshot_20230618-092930~2.png

These are a couple..
I saw so many bands back in the day! I really should try and make a list of them before my memory totally fades. Great times.
I vaguely knew Colosseum and Valentyne Suite was composed on a mates piano ( at 26, Glen house Road SE9 for any anoraks out there lol) and I went to school with Steve Peregrine Took though he was in a different year.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
No pics now but.
Jean Michelle Jarre at The Docklands 8/10/88. Very impressive.
Knebworth 30/06/1990. Headlined by Pink Floyd. Before that there was a super group with Elton John, Robert Plant, Ray Cooper, Jimmi Page. Tears For Fears, Status Quo, Oletta Adams, Dire Straits, Cliff & The Shadows, Genesis. Bloody Marvellous.
Queen.11/06/86. Wembley. I was right at the very front. Just astonishing.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
No pics now but.
Jean Michelle Jarre at The Docklands 8/10/88. Very impressive.
Knebworth 30/06/1990. Headlined by Pink Floyd. Before that there was a super group with Elton John, Robert Plant, Ray Cooper, Jimmi Page. Tears For Fears, Status Quo, Oletta Adams, Dire Straits, Cliff & The Shadows, Genesis. Bloody Marvellous.
Queen.

KiterStu

If I had to pick one it would be Black Sabbath at the NEC in 1997

Top Bottom