Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Guru
St John the Baptist, Plumpton :hello:

DSCF0056.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
20231008_102044.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
20231022_115539.jpg

freiston

Veteran
From my little jaunt this week . . .

This is The Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Haseley,
20231024_131952.jpg

This is St. John the Baptist, Aston Cantlow - it is said that William Shakespeare's parents were married here in 1557.
20231025_105652.jpg

There is a little cottage right next to the lychgate:
20231025_105501.jpg

and here's a church I've posted a picture of before but from the other side - St. Mary's, Oldberrow:
20231025_114231a.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

From my little jaunt this week . . .

This is The Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Haseley,
View attachment 711427

This is St. John the Baptist, Aston Cantlow - it is said that William Shakespeare's parents were married here in 1557.
View attachment 711428

There is a little cottage right next to the lychgate:
View attachment 711442

and here's a church I've posted a picture of before but from the other side - St. Mary's, Oldberrow:
View attachment 711443

All places I cycled past before I had to stop.

freiston

Veteran
All places I cycled past before I had to stop.

Was going to "react" to your post but couldn't decide if a "like" or a "sad" was appropriate. My intention is to make the trip twice a year as a memorial ride for a dear friend whose ashes are scattered at Oldberrow - once on his birthday and once on the anniversary of his death. I take it easy nowadays and make it a two-night camping trip, staying at Aston Cantlow and doing a leisurely circuit of about 20 miles on the middle day to visit Oldberrow and get some shopping in Studley.

D

Deleted member 1258

Was going to "react" to your post but couldn't decide if a "like" or a "sad" was appropriate. My intention is to make the trip twice a year as a memorial ride for a dear friend whose ashes are scattered at Oldberrow - once on his birthday and once on the anniversary of his death. I take it easy nowadays and make it a two-night camping trip, staying at Aston Cantlow and doing a leisurely circuit of about 20 miles on the middle day to visit Oldberrow and get some shopping in Studley.

My Good Lady is not in good health now and I spend most of my time in a carer role, but I've got a head full of memories from my time on the road and I'm hopeful that I can come back in the future.

freiston

Veteran
My Good Lady is not in good health now and I spend most of my time in a carer role, but I've got a head full of memories from my time on the road and I'm hopeful that I can come back in the future.

Well if you ever fancy going for a ride of not epic proportions, with company and are happy to roll slowly, send me a message - I'm not far away - Keresley Brook area. If you fancy a pub stop, then even better. My other half isn't in too good health either but luckily the care required from me is minimal (though I do push her in the chair to the White Lion sometimes - she can walk but not very far).

Top Bottom