Your walk today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Nice walk this morning around Cheddar Gorge.
Some very steep sections but the views from the top made it worthwhile... 👍

IMG_20230706_094722_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230706_085959_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230706_101045_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20230706-132723~2.png

Screenshot_20230706-132816~2.png

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
For a place of this quality - £11.50 is on the cheap side these days; I’d say.

That’s right up with the cheapest in Lowestoft - and we’re supposed to be a deprived area ! Up the Coast at the higher end town of Aldeburgh (Again highly rated shop on Tripadvisor) they run around £13-£14. And my wife works in a glorified sea-front cafe in Lowestoft where they are around £15…..served and sitting down of course. **She had customers from London in recently who said their local takeout Fish and Chips was nearly £18 😳

Portion of medium chips was £3.50 in yesterdays joint for reference. And is more often than not £2.50 odd these days in places where we eat.. Since the Ukraine war, oil, fuel, wage increases - the lowly cooked spud pricing has shot up horrendously…..

Bon appetit ! 😎

Just paid £2.50 for small portion of chips in Cheddar !!!

FYI.... Curry sauce was £1.50 😋

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A couple of days ago, now, but a pleasant walk, with 🐶, near Pitsford Reservoir.
A few bits of drizzle but I was dressed ready for it!

Screenshot_20230722-142529~2.png

There's a footpath away from the Res Circuit that's a bit quieter though Bonnie managed to push her way through some vegetation and emerge with about a hundred Sticky Burrs attached to her! 😂

DSC_3095.JPG

Wanabe Police Dog in plain clothes fur..

DSC_3098.JPG

The footpath was a bit narrow in places with some wooden steps partially concealed and I missed the route back to the main path at one point but soon realised as it was beyond a fallen tree.
Back to the car via the Res Circuit on 4¾ miles.

PeteXXX

This morning's walk started just before 06:00 when I picked up No1 daughter.
The forecast was a bit dubious, but we were dressed for the weather & working on the idea that skin's waterproof!

Screenshot_20230723-111109~2.png

DSC_3108.JPG

Lovely to find a pile of dumped stuff only about a mile from the Council Tip! 😔

Anyway...
The route didn't seem quite so square as we walked it!

I'd both ridden and walked most of the tracks & bridleways before but the Nene Path (a footpath) was incredibly overgrown with nettles & teasels. We were glad of long trousers & jackets. At a few points I carried the dog as she couldn't find a way through the brush 😂

DSC_3115.JPG

Yep, that's the path!

DSC_3118.JPG

A warning to keep out of the quarry workings!

DSC_3117.JPG

Damp in places, but we dried out once the breeze got to us over some more open places.

DSC_3120.JPG

Back via Earls Barton and Ecton village across slippery fields full of crops awaiting dryer weather to be harvested.

Back on about 9 miles, with none of the expected rain coming down, ready for a cuppa 🍵

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
That yep that's the path photo looks a bit like a bridleway I tried to cycle down back in those now historic times in these parts when we had dry Sundays.

PeteXXX

That yep that's the path photo looks a bit like a bridleway I tried to cycle down back in those now historic times in these parts when we had dry Sundays.

That's the Nene Path, a footpath. I've been along it several times before, once on a frosty February morning, and I've never known it this bad!
Yes, riding through stuff like this, especially in shorts!, is fun, isn't it 😂

Mike_P

Guru
That's the Nene Path, a footpath. I've been along it several times before, once on a frosty February morning, and I've never known it this bad!
Yes, riding through stuff like this, especially in shorts!, is fun, isn't it 😂

I chickened out and wheeled the bike carefully avoiding anything liable to sting.

PeteXXX

Screenshot_20230728-153046~2.png

3 localish miles, today, via a 'Pocket Park' behind the new Boughton Railway station on NCN 6.

DSC_3133.JPG

Then a stop at my favourite café in the area. Jammy Dodger cake & tea + a free sausage for Bonnie.. She knows the routine now 😎

DSC_3135.JPG

Back via one of the housing developments in the area.

😊

geocycle

Legendary Member
Farlton Fell near Kirby Lonsdale. Lots of interesting limestone including these erratics. I think they are mosstly natural although this one does echo Ingleborough in the distance which is typical of Bronze Age structures.

IMG_0178.jpeg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Farlton Fell near Kirby Lonsdale. Lots of interesting limestone including these erratics. I think they are mosstly natural although this one does echo Ingleborough in the distance which is typical of Bronze Age structures.

View attachment 701687

Nice spot and usually devoid of people.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Thursday's walk - a deliberately easy and relaxed walk. The day of walking eventually came in at 11 miles as we did something else other than this but I forgot to record it - dopey me!

Keswick to Threlkeld railway path (£8m to restore) and it is really lovely scenically and very tranquill. Complete with long stop at the Threlkeld cafe and lunch perched on a big rock in the river Greta (boots pic').

Really good to see wheelchair users being able to 'get out there' on the fully tarmaced route plus small kids on bikes was great to see too.

Vast majority of cyclists (shared route) were sensible, more than a few without bells though, plus two groups of three riders who whizzed by at stupid speeds that doesn't really help the cause.

Route and some assorted pic's:

Screenshot_20230813_125152_Footpath.jpg

20230810_121306.jpg

20230810_122550.jpg

20230810_123017.jpg

20230810_130323.jpg

20230810_123748.jpg

20230810_131753.jpg

20230810_133230.jpg

20230810_140334.jpg

20230810_150338.jpg

A favourite route today, along the Tweed from Peebles and back via the John Buchan way skirting Cademuir. Not much sun but a very pleasant temperature for walking. Enjoyed some fabulous chocolate cake (as always) at Cocoa Black on our return to Peebles.

Top Bottom