Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
What's the event?
24h riding up and down Ventoux organised by FRR.

Starts 7am Saturday. There is a public event every 30 minutes thereafter so people can join in and ride as much or little as they want.

Screenshot_20240513-200955681.jpg

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Madness!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Thanks all.

Just had the bike inside for a visual inspection, and apart from a dropped chain and flat rear tyre, everything seems to be fine. The Di2 shifter/rear deraiilleur seemed to work fine, once the chain got back on. :okay:
I guess it was the impact on the rear wheel (instant snakebite) that made me come down, but it all happened so fast - all I remember is hitting a bump of sorts and then boom!

Maybe only like 5cm difference from the scraped road to the cyclepath, but maybe hit at a slight angle after the front wheel bump - I don’t know.

View attachment 730646
You wouldn't have fallen if hadn't been taking photos of the kerbs :whistle:

GWS- may the indoor Gods aid your healing

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Are you doing this for sponsorship or just a challenge Pete?
Mainly the challenge, and to tick off the everesting badge on Zwift.

It's a charity event, so I'll be donating myself - £10 for every ascent :becool:

If someone wants to chip in, they have a JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/page/frr-24hrs-ventop

They're mainly raising for Cyclists Fighting Cancer, which enables children and young people living with cancer across the UK to regain their physical fitness and mental wellness by giving them new bikes, adapted trikes, tandems, other equipment and support.

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
You wouldn't have fallen if hadn't been taking photos of the kerbs :whistle:

GWS- may the indoor Gods aid your healing

The family went past the place the next day on their way to a birthday, so I told them to take some photos. ^_^ I wanted to see what the h3ll I had hit. :smile: Maybe I could sue somebody!!! :laugh:

And thanks - not much changed so far unfortunately… :sad: I will give it a few more days, and if no improvement, see if I can get a scan/xray of my lower back. Could be something there causing the pain and my difficulty walking/general movement.

Currently roaming around the house on my office chair, once I am helped out of bed. :okay:

13 rider

Guru
Back on zwift after a break ticking off a route Muir and the Mountain badge , chased some bloke named Sam Welsford up the mountain for a sprinter he can climb 😂 he had the pro badge so I presume it's the real Sam , lugged my TT bike up the radio tower to attempt the 100kph badge launched off the top topped out at 99kph @#&k , I might have to weigh dope the other way

13 rider

Guru
@13 rider The downhill after an event in Bologna is the way to go if you want to crack the 100kph mark. Easier to get up than the Epic KOM & Radio Tower as well!
Yes I was aware ,but being event only I have to wait for an opportunity,but today I thought I could tick off both badges on this route , it is possible for me off the radio tower ,I started my sprint a bit late and just hit 99 as the road bumps up to meet the epic road ,

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Back on zwift after a break ticking off a route Muir and the Mountain badge , chased some bloke named Sam Welsford up the mountain for a sprinter he can climb 😂 he had the pro badge so I presume it's the real Sam , lugged my TT bike up the radio tower to attempt the 100kph badge launched off the top topped out at 99kph @#&k , I might have to weigh dope the other way
@13 rider The downhill after an event in Bologna is the way to go if you want to crack the 100kph mark. Easier to get up than the Epic KOM & Radio Tower as well!
I hit 100kph in a Tour de Splitters race, if I remember correctly - drafting down the Innsbruck KOM behind someone a bit heavier :laugh:

Top Bottom