Central Heating - on yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Heating off but it could have been off last week. Shorts on but not as in the past every day.
If it gets chilly in the evening I have a calor patio heater for a quick warm up.

presta

Guru
I'm planning that tomorrow.

Having tried a No4 for the first time during lockdown, I'm a convert. I'd have it all year round if it was warm enough.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I put it on last night for an hour or so to dry some hand washed clothing items on my radiators, while having the windows open to let out the moisture such actions cause. 🧐

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been putting mine on about 10pm and turning it off about 12.30am most nights recently, just to take that damp air feeling away.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Having an A energy rating means the slightest heat gets trapped in the new Drago Towers, making it uncomfortably warm at night this time of year.

As such I've had to have the AC going to keep Mrs D at a sensible temperature, as she can be quite ill if she gets too hot with her MS.

The AC is very economical to run (I run it in reverse in the winter like a heat pump, much less expensive than running the hesting), but there is an irony in having to run something on electricity as a result of a houses A rated energy efficiency.

presta

Guru
Mine is still on 24 hours a day, as it has been since last October. If the temperature by the roomstat in the hall drops below 19.5 it'll come on.

presta

Guru
19.5? Mine is set to 16.5!

2-3 days ago the roomstat was at 19.6 and the eating was off, but I was frozen in the lounge at 21, and thinking of turning the stat up. When I was cycling I could be comfortable in shorts & T shirt at 17, now I can sometimes be cold in the mid 20s wearing long trousers & jersey.

Top Bottom