It's stopped raining - summer kit on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
You can buy sun hoodie now for sun protection. Outdoor research do a few. Hikers on certain long trails in USA carry lightweight brollies with a reflective upper strapped to their rucksacks to protect from the sun. Desert hiking for you!
Well now it's a baseball cap,due to the sun damaging the skin chemo and all that.Plus since Amazon delivered them arm sleeves again skin damage.Every morning factor 30 on my face.finally a polo shirt,of course i wear jeans or lightweight trousers,it looks like shorts are finished yes you have guessed sun damage on friggin skin.

One question, what about your ears when wearing a cap? Better brimmed hat surely?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
One question, what about your ears when wearing a cap?

You can get French foreign legion style

postman

Legendary Member
You can buy sun hoodie now for sun protection. Outdoor research do a few. Hikers on certain long trails in USA carry lightweight brollies with a reflective upper strapped to their rucksacks to protect from the sun. Desert hiking for you!

One question, what about your ears when wearing a cap? Better brimmed hat surely?
Morning routine is slap factor 30 on face inside ears and behind ears.it's just like putting makeup on.Plus back of neck.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Riveter p20 is supposed to be really good. Available as 15, 30 and 50 SPF I think. Lasts 8 hours if put on correctly.

Read something today, most people don't apply lotion correctly such that SPF 50 as applied is likely to only, offer SPF 15 levels due to this.

A former friend who had an issue with uv burns who had to use spf 50 every day told me a good advice on lotion. You really do need to apply half hour before going out for it to absorb and become fully effective. She used p20 at spf 50. Left to absorb for 30 minutes then another good makes spf 50 all day lotion and another 30 minutes to absorb properly before going out. Then he good brand spf 50 all day got applied two or three further times when put and about to top up. It's what she did to stop uv damage due to some condition or other.

To think that once people thought olive oil was good enough protection. That you used factor 8 if you're fair skinned on holiday for n the first n two days then 4 was good enough! That once you'd had a few days off sun you really didn't need anything, the tan would protect you. My schoolfriend mum was off the view her kids should take their top off to get some colour at the first sign of sun when it was warm enough! She was always like brown leather she was tanned so much.

How times have changed!

Top Bottom