Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastpedaller

Mc Donalds sell a big Mac Burger - surely it should be a big Mc? Is it a Mc or a Mac? - that is an important question and maybe defies logic!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We had the annual agricultural show here in my neck of the woods yesterday. As usual some inconsiderate drivers parked over dropped kerbs, blocking driveways near to the site of the event. My question is can the owner of a driveway block their own driveway? 🤔 I ask as a few years ago I reverse parked close to a dropped kerb outside a house thinking I'd be safe to reverse if someone parked close to the front of my car blocking me in, but when I got back it seemed the owner of that house was playing silly devil games as he/she'd blocked their own drive by parking directly behind me. I knew it was the home owner's car as I saw it in the drive when I parked up. After quite a few back and forth manoeuvers I managed to set off on my way, but how petty of them eh!! :rolleyes:

Nibor

Bewildered
We had the annual agricultural show here in my neck of the woods yesterday. As usual some inconsiderate drivers parked over dropped kerbs, blocking driveways near to the site of the event. My question is can the owner of a driveway block their own driveway? 🤔 I ask as a few years ago I reverse parked close to a dropped kerb outside a house thinking I'd be safe to reverse if someone parked close to the front of my car blocking me in, but when I got back it seemed the owner of that house was playing silly devil games as he/she'd blocked their own drive by parking directly behind me. I knew it was the home owner's car as I saw it in the drive when I parked up. After quite a few back and forth manoeuvers I managed to set off on my way, but how petty of them eh!! :rolleyes:
THe only issue with blocking a driveway is if you deny access if that is access to your own property no problem

Fastpedaller

Pretty daft of them too...... They didn't know you would be 'the careful type' You could have been someone who would just reverse into their car to enable easy egress, and then if challenged say 'wasn't me guv! it must have been dented before"

Alex321

Veteran
Pretty daft of them too...... They didn't know you would be 'the careful type' You could have been someone who would just reverse into their car to enable easy egress, and then if challenged say 'wasn't me guv! it must have been dented before"

The type of person who would do that is the type who would probably also have CCTV covering their drive.

presta

Guru
We had the annual agricultural show here in my neck of the woods yesterday.
Whatever happened to those?

The Essex Showground used to be just down the road from here, but the site got taken to build Chelmsford racecourse, and AFAIK the show got scrapped rather than moved. The last time I went was 1984, but in the 70s the Scouts had the job of selling programmes and catalogues, so that was a good opportunity to ask for a day off school and have a day out.

Alex321

Veteran
Whatever happened to those?

The Essex Showground used to be just down the road from here, but the site got taken to build Chelmsford racecourse, and AFAIK the show got scrapped rather than moved. The last time I went was 1984, but in the 70s the Scouts had the job of selling programmes and catalogues, so that was a good opportunity to ask for a day off school and have a day out.

They still happen round here, in South Wales.

In you are previous house, the Vaynor show used to be in a field at the top of the hill we lived on, about 300 yards from the house.

In the current house, we have the Penllyn show a few miles away (I often cycle past the field where that is held).

Top Bottom