Rugby World Cup 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Plenty matches on with no football clashes. If England do unexpectedly well, the landlord will probably take an interest.

Mmm, maybe, but I once asked the bar staff if they would put a 5 Nations match on. They did, but turned the sound down to a whispering level!!!

Hyslop

Veteran
We'll probably have the games on in my local,and as usual, we'll have the 'once a year ' experts amongst us.Given that we're on the Border, there'll be a fair smattering of Scots, English and those like me who have a foot in both camps! Sadly, even the 6 Nation's doesn't have the draw it once had, though that perhaps also reflects the trials the pub in general faces. There's an added factor in that Borthwick is a local boy,and that might bring some interesting conversations in the next few weeks! We'll see,pop in if you're up this way...which is,Carlisle.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Don’t think anything is expected of NZ these days. Going to be a cracking tournament however. Scotland got a horrible group to get out off :sad: Out of the home nations .

Last edited:
People might be interested in these YouTube Channels

Squidge is excellent and quirky, but something of an acquired taste. He's done vids for each and every nation competing in the World Cup and they're worth a look, especially the smaller nations like Namibia.

Eggchasers is, in my opinion, one of the better "talking heads". He likes to do "hot takes" as soon as possible after a game that are raw, emotive (especially after English games ^_^) and interesting. He's also in France so gives a bit of an idea of the bigger picture.

Top Bottom