The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Much better now. Dropped the bridge and set the intonation, which was miles out on 6E and 2B. I really don't think it was ever played in anger. Fretting is now easier but the strings still feel much rougher than I'm used to.

DRM

Guru
View attachment 731566

It turned up today. First impressions: it is immaculate and looks good. Lighter than a Les Paul - possibly lighter than my alder-body Tele. The pickups sound good (it has Filter'Trons, unlike the normal G5230). However, it does not play well compared to my Strat, Tele or SG, and needs a good setup. The action is too high and whatever strings are on there feel horrid. It's a short-scale guitar so I was expecting it to be very easy to fret notes, but it isn't.

The Bigsby just gets in the way, really, but you can't get a hardtail Jet with Filter'Trons and hump block inlays, amd I wanted both of those things.

That's a damn nice guitar you've got yourself

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Some say how good a guitar sounds is inversely related to how good it looks :laugh:

I imagine the late Stevie Ray Vaughan would agree, since his Strat looked as if it had been fished out of a skip after narrowly surviving a house fire.

DRM

Guru

DRM

Guru
I've used several Warman pickups, never been less than delighted with them.

That's good to hear, I thought that cost wise alone you couldn't go wrong with them, but read some good reports too

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's NBD.
IMG-20240527-WA0000.jpeg

Top Bottom